When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics from last weeks fire.

trailboss

Pics or it didn't happen. Ok, went out and got a new camera cable so here they are.

In the begining about a half hour after 581Alpha arrived we had them, a rural unit and one police car.

PA270230.jpg

Then the whole world began to arrive. This is only some of the support vehicles crowded arround the control vehicle (581A). There's more in a paddock out of shot including an ambulance aid station and Salvation Army canteen.

PA270231.jpg

The Auxillery Captain from Woodford briefs the Local Police sargent while the incident controler looks on.

PA270232.jpg

Later that night things got close where the fire had come down alongside us. This was puting the rental house on the lower corner of my place in danger as well as us.

PA270234.jpg

581A at about 11pm with the fire in the back ground. The main front was actualy up the hill to the right of this photo but was still hours away in thick scrub. The flank in the back ground of this shot and in the last one had come down fast thru thinly treed areas with tall bladey grass.

PA270235.jpg

928Victor, Cabulture's much loved water tanker makes life so much easier. Here she is about 1am filling up a rural appliance down on the road out front of my place.

PA270238.jpg

The next day about midday the main head is about to come say hello. This is the back of my place and is protected by a sprinkler system. This section of the head was moving slow so no real danger to the house with us there. The upper residence next door was a different story with a blady grass slope above. I was there when they started to backburn that and it went up like a bomb. To much to do to take pics at that time.

PA280239.jpg

581Echo on day three. Sting was happy, smoke doesn't phase him and he had all these new friends.

PA280240.jpg

Crews staged on the road, day three.

PA280243.jpg

Late on day three and the last of the hot spots trickles arround the far end of our place. One of the protective sprinklers can be seen in the forground.

The gutters can be filled and the walls and undersides of the verandas have sprays as well.

PA280244.jpg

And that's about that. Was too busey during the best bits to worry about cameras. At least I'm safe for the rest of the season.

Regards,

Col.

They prety well know who, it's just catching him in the act.

Yup - never easy. Hope they catch up with him before too long...

Real life unfortuanatly is not like CSI. Cops must hate that show. It gives the public an unrealistic expectation of what can be done and at the same time educates crims in what not to do.

LOL - very true.

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, of Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up."

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

"They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.

GoatBoy.jpg