When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In search of the next Sub

Guest Dr.TuB

also, i am now looking to buy a green LV sub that says rolexrolex on the rehaut

so who's got the best out of box sub?

WM9 correct?

are these superluminova-ed?

i have seen on dealer's site that the ones with ROLEXROLEX engravings usually have a bigger casing

CASE DIAMETER: 41mm

THICKNESS: 11.5mm

while the non engraving ones have these dimensions

CASE DIAMETER: 40mm

THICKNESS: 12mm

did rolex make different casings for the green LV Subs with engraving?

I thought i just saw green dialed sub on his site

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/e...8%20Green%20V4/

or are these not the green LV subs

also, in terms of gens, the ones with engravings are they usually bigger in case diameter?

...Sorry, the LV version is 50th anniversary, right?

I think this model was made only in year of anniversary,and was with no rolex on rehaut.

THE 2008 version DOES NOT EXIST GENUINE.

Like the Sub 2008 CERAMIC black, this other model is only in white gold and with blue dial and bezel...

Maybe the Factory will do it on 2010 i suppose.

That's my opinion ;)

...Sorry, the LV version is 50th anniversary, right?

I think this model was made only in year of anniversary,and was with no rolex on rehaut.

THE 2008 version DOES NOT EXIST GENUINE.

Like the Sub 2008 CERAMIC black, this other model is only in white gold and with blue dial and bezel...

Maybe the Factory will do it on 2010 i suppose.

That's my opinion ;)

The LV Sub is the 50th anniversary sub, this is true; however, they are still producing this model and are currently on the "M" serial with the ingraving. The first year it was produced was 2003 and it had an "F" serial. The "F" serial is the only one that is truly collectable. I own both an "F" serial gen, and a Euromariner version of the "M". Both watches are the same case size. They are difficult to tell appart from 3 to 5 feet away when side by side. When the Euromariner LV is on the wrist no one but a WIS would ever know the difference.

The Euromariner has a few issues as do all reps but they are not very easy to spot unless you know what you are looking at. I wear my rep when I am doing activities that might damage the gen. No one has been able to tell the difference. The crown guards need to be worked on, a gen crown is another upgrade, and the bezel insert should be replaced because of the font size on the numbers and the pearl. My only real complaint is the pearl, it does suck. Otherwise the Euromariner LV is a very close replication indeed!

Let me know if you have any more question about this watch. I would be happy to answer them.

post-11445-1225742344_thumb.jpg post-11445-1225742407_thumb.jpg post-11445-1225742464_thumb.jpg post-11445-1225742521_thumb.jpg

Cheers.