When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam253 crystal replacement

rustyrussel

Fellow Panerai obsessives please help!

Firstly my Pam253 crystal did a spectacular fall out and shatter on me so where to look for a replacement? also I can't seem to find a fitting guide anywhere here, I guess a lot of delicate glueing is the order of the day?

Secondly my beautiful Pam127 6497 manual wind has recently stopped letitng me change the time on it? - the pin just spins without connecting?

Thirdly I'm a forum noooooob so apols if I should be asking on a different area.

Although I can send them back, this'll cost me over $100 to do so if I can fix them here (Blightly) then I would prefer it!

Cheers in advance.

RR ;)

If the teflon gasket on which the crystal was sitting is still inside your bezel, no glue is needed. You just have to push the new crystal in place.

Else, Seiko double component glue recommended. Don't use Loctite or other common glues.

There is a bit of crystal still attached to the watch - I guess I must have banged the watch causing most to just fall out :o

If I pick the remaining bits out and buy the new replacement will glue be needed?

R's

RR

Russel, where did you get the watch? The best thing to do is to get a complete new case with glass from your dealer. This should cost you less than 40usd. With the info on this board you will find how to swap the complete movement and dial into the new case. And then you're done. Easy as that.

trust me, I have done this a couple of times with the PAM253 model. glass exploding is very common with this model. So.. contact your dealer for a new case with glass.

good luck.

you need to find how to get the crown stem out. first get the crown protecter off. also get the case back off with help of a rubber ball. Then you can get the crown stem out with the right manner and right tool.

Search this forum and you will find. welcome to the hobby!