When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Flat 6 japanese quartz

borz

According to the description on dealer websites, the $150 japanese quartz version is essentially the same as the $300+ A7750 version - i.e. uses the same case, strap and AR-coated sapphire crystal, etc. Is it true? Sounds like an amazing deal, especially considering the fact that the version with swiss quartz movement (no idea why anybody would want it) is $360.

According to the description on dealer websites, the $150 japanese quartz version is essentially the same as the $300+ A7750 version - i.e. uses the same case, strap and AR-coated sapphire crystal, etc. Is it true? Sounds like an amazing deal, especially considering the fact that the version with swiss quartz movement (no idea why anybody would want it) is $360.

Hunt around and you'll probably find it cheaper than that. However, don't be mislead - whilst the case, strap etc may be the same on some of these quartz reps, the dial generally isn't - usually subdial spacing is a little off due to the different layout of the quartz movt vs. the 7750.

Having said that, they're often darned good nevertheless. Ultimately, it's going to depend on how anal you are about accuracy vs. the gen - I have a couple of quartz reps myself (AP / Tag) and they're quite convincing to all but a fellow watch nut. I haven't seen the Porsche in person, but the photos certainly look pretty good.

Hunt around and you'll probably find it cheaper than that. However, don't be mislead - whilst the case, strap etc may be the same on some of these quartz reps, the dial generally isn't - usually subdial spacing is a little off due to the different layout of the quartz movt vs. the 7750.

Having said that, they're often darned good nevertheless. Ultimately, it's going to depend on how anal you are about accuracy vs. the gen - I have a couple of quartz reps myself (AP / Tag) and they're quite convincing to all but a fellow watch nut. I haven't seen the Porsche in person, but the photos certainly look pretty good.

Which dealer would you recommend? There's two listed on RWI, but both have this model for around $150. Also, wasn't there a quartz gen?