When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yachtmaster versions

jnkay

Has anybody noticed that the noob yachtmaster is too small? The bezel diameter is only 39 mm when it should be 40. This difference is very noticeable, especially with the convex curve of the left side of the case, which on the noob sticks way out beyond the bezel (it is not supposed to). I spent A LOT of time with some gens today, and was surprised at the difference. The other thing is that the noob dial does not have any grainyness to generate a sparkle under the right lighting.

I keep seeing recommendations for the noob yachtie as the best version, but it has these major flaws. I know WM9 is coming out with an expensive version, but has anyone considered combining two yachties to get the best of the dials, bracelets and case?

Yes..although I don't own a noob, I did however notice this issue. The noobmariner is also too small.

Angus at Puretime Watches had a thread here last December where he received new cases based on a 1 to 1 replication from a gen. I don't know if the Yachtie he's offering is actually based on the one he showed at the time, but his updated Rolesium dials are sure nice. Very silver and sparkly. I ordered it and replaced the dial on mine and it made a world of difference.

His Yachtie is $178 and add $50 for an ETA version.

Has anybody noticed that the noob yachtmaster is too small? The bezel diameter is only 39 mm when it should be 40. This difference is very noticeable, especially with the convex curve of the left side of the case, which on the noob sticks way out beyond the bezel (it is not supposed to). I spent A LOT of time with some gens today, and was surprised at the difference. The other thing is that the noob dial does not have any grainyness to generate a sparkle under the right lighting.

I keep seeing recommendations for the noob yachtie as the best version, but it has these major flaws. I know WM9 is coming out with an expensive version, but has anyone considered combining two yachties to get the best of the dials, bracelets and case?

Yes..although I don't own a noob, I did however notice this issue. The noobmariner is also too small.

Angus at Puretime Watches had a thread here last December where he received new cases based on a 1 to 1 replication from a gen. I don't know if the Yachtie he's offering is actually based on the one he showed at the time, but his updated Rolesium dials are sure nice. Very silver and sparkly. I ordered it and replaced the dial on mine and it made a world of difference.

His Yachtie is $178 and add $50 for an ETA version.

I read the December thread with interest...but it died a quick death as if the project went nowhere. I'll definitely look into his dial. Are your yachty case and bezel the right size, and if so, which collector did you buy from? I'm also interested in the WM9 project, but he has yet to post a single picture of the actual watch.

It looks soooo good and while I'm not willing to shell out the money for the gen during these tight times, so a good rep will have to do for a while :)

I owned (but recently sold) the so called "perfect version" from Trusty. It has an ETA 2836-2 movement and a change of dial from Angus, the watch looked really good...I'm aware of past discussions on rehaut issues in those "perfect" versions, but gen yachties also looks more conical with a different looking rehaut than a sub. I've been to the local AD and tried on the gen so many times. I don't know about the noob but I'd have to say, mine looked darn good...

I have said ad nauseum that all these watches are incorrect. Don't know understand why everyone creams over them so much. :rolleyes: