When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ems delivery

kitersoze

hey all,

got a little situation.

i am waiting on delivery of my first rep ever!, in an ems package to the US.

i've tracked it and the usps.com has very accurate tracking info. they're saying that an attempted delivery was made yesterday, but i was home yesterday. they said that a notice of attempted delivery was left, but no notice was left in my mailbox or door.

ems site tracking says delivery was attempted unsuccessfully as well, but mentions nothing about a notice being left. under "Contact" it gives me a service hotline "@11185", which i don't know what the hell that is? it ain't a US nor a Chinese tel. no. there's no email contact given either.

once it's in the US, who does final delivery, USPS or an EMS courier? Who has it now? I'm going to call USPS in the morning in the hopes they have it and i can just pick it up from them. if EMS has it, how the hell do i contact them to confirm they're going to the right house or tell them to come inside the friggin' gate and knock on the door so that there's a chance for me to snatch that package from the courier?!!!!

seriously, i was fine waiting until i read that it was attempted to be delivered. now i'm like a friggin' kid the night before Xmas, just antsy and buggin' out...

hey kitersoze ;)

i just got some info for myself and thought i'd write to myself to let myself know about it so that myself's mind may be put to ease (and any other noob's in the US who might come across this and one day be waiting for their 1st rep, fretting like an old granny, like myself... :rolleyes:

s-s-seriously, i was TOTALLY fine throughout the whole shipping/delivery/waiting/customs/waitingsomemore process (bcz i'd read enough noob guide material here about the waiting process; thanks TOAD!) until the last time i checked the damn usps.com tracking and it said attempted delivery unsuccessful and notice left! i was home and there was NO notice!

then, like a freakin' cheap fold-up card table under the weight of a krispykreme GO-NUTS! 72 doughnut pack at the complimentary coffee and 'snacks' of the local Overeaters Anonymous meeting, my mind got swarmed and crushed. i had the unshakeable image of ems delivery couriers, driving on the left side of the road, swerving repeatedly... reading the address from right to left, confused... being fed up looking for the house, feeling the weight of the box, opening it up, putting on my 1st ever rep and placing his gen HannaMontana GMT XL in the box...

but i digress. i found out for myself (and for anyone who cares and/or doesn't know already) that EMS, once it's out of customs, is in the hands of usps,and that i can pick it up any ol' time at my local post office. they no longer attempt a second delivery unless you request it.

so in a little while, 2 hours 44 minutes (but who's counting...), i can go to pick up my very 1st rep ever, and proudly take hi-res photos of my new HannaMontana GMT XL with Val-scroux 2.8 bph movement and the pink rubber strap to show on the forum.

wish me luck...

@kitersoze - You an me both in one day buddy! But i had your post to help calm my nerves!! Thanks for taking the time to write down what you found, it helped me and i can Guarantee it will help a load of other noobs out there!!

Cheers

We aim to please. I should add something about that usps/can post/local carrier takes over when in the resident country. It's in the guide somewhere...but buried under details likely.

@Toad - Could you add this post to that wonderful guide you have made?? Thanks bro!