When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kazi's new Computer build

alphakazi

Posted over in my gaming forum but thought I'd share with you fine gentlemen

well folks... the time has come once again to blow some hard earned cash and get myself more up to snuff

Antec 1200 chassis

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R motherboard

Q6600 cpu @ 3.5Ghz

Zalman 9700 sink/Fan

Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 - 2x2GB @ about 1150Mhz

Sapphire 4870X2 dual gpu 2GB DDR5 @ 790Mhz core 1980Mhz ram

BFG PhysX card

Xfi sound

150GB WD VelociRaptor

300GB WD VelociRaptor

150GB WD Raptor Enterprise

320GB WD

200GB WD

1TB Hitachi

1000 watt Enermax Galaxy

I-INC 28" LCD 3ms

G15 Keyboard

G7 Mouse

Z5500 Logitech 5.1

So I decided to go with air cooling this round - getting older, not into squeezing every Mhz out of my machine anymore - still oc good enough though - this video card kicks ass - I know Nvidia is coming out with their 350GTX or whatever but I don't care - this monster is the fastest card atm and will be good enough for a while to come - my 8800gtx has served me very very well and has lasted through almost 3 generations but I'm an ATI man again. Anyhow, on with the eye candy

out with the old

img3989gm8.jpg

retention bracket for fan

img4000oa7.jpg

Zalman 9700

img4003ar1.jpg

Q6600 installed

img4006wx8.jpg

fan installed

img4007yg4.jpg

img4010ti0.jpg

ram and fan shot

img4012su8.jpg

fans for ram

img4014hg2.jpg

img4017cy4.jpg

img4023cb1.jpg

the monster of a card

img4025uk6.jpg

img4032wl0.jpg

VelociRaptor 300

img4039kd6.jpg

VelociRaptor 150

img4040qs1.jpg

hitachi 1TB

img4042vi1.jpg

img4043ml5.jpg

img4045rl7.jpg

a crapload of hdds

img4063oi1.jpg

Card Fails after spewing plasma from it's ass

img4082uq8.jpg

img4092qf4.jpg

img4103dx4.jpg

img4107xb4.jpg

img4131iq4.jpg

img4136uv7.jpg

img4140yp0.jpg

We had some good times my ole 8800.... but I have a new [censored] now :D

img4144hh4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Posted over in my gaming forum but thought I'd share with you fine gentlemen

well folks... the time has come once again to blow some hard earned cash and get myself more up to snuff

Thanks for looking!

What's the freaking monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me, please, what for you need 5 harddrives???

Anyway... Great PC, and will last til you die.

Envy.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to add, that it cost you about 6-7 grands, right?

It's about 30 great reps...

What's the freaking monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me, please, what for you need 5 harddrives???

Anyway... Great PC, and will last til you die.

Envy.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to add, that it cost you about 6-7 grands, right?

It's about 30 great reps...

actually it's 6 hdds :) I like to keep everything readily available -movies, software, games, pics, etc. it get's filled quick

I spent less than 2k because I had existing hardware

pc hardware > reps :p

actually it's 6 hdds :) I like to keep everything readily available -movies, software, games, pics, etc. it get's filled quick

I spent less than 2k because I had existing hardware

pc hardware > reps :p

Movies... games...??? You really have time for it???????

Lucky you then...

Very impressive Alpha, my last build was 2yrs ago this year I decided to wait for the new Intel Nehalem achitecture to come out early next year to build another. Im still rocking my 8800 GTX, I cant seem to want to go back to ATI cards after I started using Nvidia. Love the H2O coling, i could never bring myself to build one of those. Great choice of case as well. Im stil using my Asus Alien case, however shopping for a new one.

Post some benchmark scores when your fully tweaked.

you should make time for things you enjoy :wub: I don't have a huge amount of time but I do like to let loose in a 1st person shooter to release some stress

MAC's are real nice too but I'm no fan

Why a powerful computer? I enjoy building, testing, overclocking, benchmarking and well... using them

When you want to do things like encode video, convert files, edit large photos... do I really need to explain why? :)

@ Sylar - thanks - the 8800gtx is a great card and I've been riding the Nvidia wagon for quite a while now - my last ATI was a X800 :D but I was in the mood and it's the fastest thing atm

I'm also waiting on the new Core i7 which is why I stuck with the cheap yet effective Q6600 and got a $140 p45 motherboard to run the 4870x2 properly (coming from a P35 chipset) so eventually I'll be grabbing an i7 cpu and the new ASUS P6T - suppose to be out this month...

cool computer btw. but im a MAC fan boy. PCs just dont cut it anymore.

Yup - me too, but then I'm not a gamer. If I was into games I'd probably be doing what kazi just did :D

Nice lookin' rig, mate - I can't be bothered to do that kinda thing any more, but I certainly understand the appeal.

I admin a Windows-based domain at work (although I do it from a Mac, but there ya go), and have a couple of Windows machines at home, but do most of my computing (whether work or personal) on a Mac

My primary comp at home is a 17" MacBook Pro with 4gb RAM and the HD screen. Does all I need it to and more. Got a couple of older Macs too - both used as servers. One houses our music collection (around 300gbs worth), which is streamed across our LAN to a Soundbridge attached to our audio system. The other is used as a mail/web/irc/ftp/file server. Both are elderly (9 years old) G4 machines running last year's OS X server, they have a little over 2tb of storage between them and 1gb RAM each. Not exactly latest tech, but they're reliable and do what's necessary =]

There's also an old *nix server (1st generation Xeon CPUs, SCSI RAID 5, OpenBSD which I use as backup storage) and a couple of Dell boxes that I use as Win 2003 Server testbeds when I'm trying out something I'm planning to implement on our systems at work. I've also got a 17" HP laptop running XP knocking around. I bought it for occasional work-related use, but most of the time it only gets used by the missus for email and web browsing.

lol yes Dems you can plug your Gibson into it - just need to adapt the plug to 1/8"

@ onze - it should be able to handle a word processor

@ Graman - thanks bud

@ Greg - Macbook pro is real sweet - can't say much for the pile at work though - 9 year old computers - wow - that's 693 human years :D

@ Greg - Macbook pro is real sweet - can't say much for the pile at work though - 9 year old computers - wow - that's 693 human years :D

ROFL! At least!

It's amazing how well they can run an almost up-to-date server OS, though (was the latest when I installed it a couple years ago) - I certainly wouldn't want to try the same with Windows Server! :p

Is anyone else feeling a generation gap?

Nice rig Kilo. Can I plug my Gibson into it? Got MIDI?

Gibson?????????????? You play on this crap????????????? Shame, shame...

Look on this babe - no any best Gibson Custom Shop came even close to it!!!

But it cost more, than Kazi's spaceship.

:p

001.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

0011.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

Gibson?????????????? You play on this crap????????????? Shame, shame...

Look on this babe - no any best Gibson Custom Shop came even close to it!!!

But it cost more, than Kazi's spaceship.

:p

001.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

0011.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

Nice! But I'll let that 'Gibson' crack slide. <_< Besides, it's not the tools, it's the artist. I can make a young girl cry and a woman scream. :)

Hendrix.jpg

Marshall.jpg

11.jpg

Gosh... Takamine...

Cheap, cheap, cheap...

lmao, I love this part; Replica watch forum elitists. Your guitars suck, but you will appreciate my $7000.00 16613 I bought for $280.

Truely, the Takamine is gorgeous, heavy and solid on the wrist. :p

You can try to put down my instruments here. But post your new watch and purchase experience here: http://www.rolexforums.com so we can all share in a real laugh! Oh Luthier.................................

Edited by Chancellor

lmao, I love this part; Replica watch forum elitists. Your guitars suck, but you will appreciate my $7000.00 16613 I bought for $280.

Truely, the Takamine is gorgeous, heavy and solid on the wrist. :p

You can try to put down my instruments here. But post your new watch and purchase experience here: http://www.rolexforums.com so we can all share in a real laugh! Oh Luthier.................................

Do you really know the meaning of word "Luthier"?

:)