When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PureTime's BigBang Ceramic and Polished Ceramic bezel

Guest Dr.TuB

Cant i just buy Big Bang SS Ceramic Bezel Lite for 268USD if i wanted a polished ceramic bezel? instead of paying 258USD for a polished ceramic bezel from puretime?

I emailed Angus about this and he just told me the quality is almost the same but from different factories...

Big Bang SS Ceramic Bezel Lite

http://www.puretimeshop.com/index.php?productID=145

Polished Ceramic Bezel

http://www.puretimeshop.com/index.php?productID=131

The old or so called OEM polished ceramic bezels that he used to sell for $258 are of better quality than the new ones fitted to currently sold HBBs. I have both and the "OEM" does not show a smallest single scratch after like a year of use while the new version showed some light scratches all around the polished surface from day one. Not really THAT noticeable but they are there when you look. I guess they are made in some kind of different process to make them cheaper and are not as scratch resistant as the $258 ones.

There's a guy on repgeek with a OEM brushed for sale. I almost bought it but decided to stick with my polished bezel. I could get his info if someone is interested.

Hi,

That would be me! :)

I bought this from member who bought it from Angus. So its the supposed OEM bezel. I actually included it in my sale for my HBB. I decided to withdraw the bezel and just sell the HBB as I have had a few different opinions. Some say yes, some say its not. So, its better to take it out from the sale to avoid any issues. To me, I have have dealings with him before so I trust him that it is what it is. Now I am stuck with quite a bit of HBB stuff. I may have another HBB coming in my for my HBB Ice Bang! :)

Anyway, here are some pics:

P1000324.jpg

wait.... so angus doesnt sell the OEM polished ones?

what about the one he has for sale for 258USD?

is that not polished?

he wrote an email back to me and said the diff between the 2 bezels are they are from diff company

and quality is the same....

i am confused here

Well.

1. He masy still have them listed on his website but a lot of rumours were that they wer no longer available. I remember him mentioning at the time of the realease of new factory bezels that he only had a couple of "OEMs" left.

2. The quality is definately not the same like me and donpedro have already stated.

3. When did you get email back from Angus? I thought he dissapeared and does not reply to ANY of the emails??

Well,

I think Angus is the one that stated that he does sell OEM bezels. However he did mention that these were no longer available and that the ones he is selling now are from another factory or something like that. To me, it looks nice, all these OEM bezel is honestly [censored]. I admit the earleir HBB bezel were better in terms of quality but OEM? Don't think so.

That's why I use " ".

"OEM" is just the easiest way to name them but of course they were not gen.

But still much better then what we can get now.

Completely agreed. BTW, I am very interested in the HBB Tuiga in stainless steel you have. where did you get it from? also how is the CF dial, one of the things I have compared between gen and rep is the CF dial and I found the rep CF dial not as sharp. Can you comment on yours? Now I have the Ice bang, would like one with closed caseback. Thanks

It looks like they were two versions of gen dial:

This one (older like our reps and it has quite flat cf):

IMG_8434.jpg

And more pronounced in more recent watch (black dw):

IMG_1028.jpg

BTW when you look at this second picture do you notice how wierd the lug plate looks? That's the only HBB I've seen with such strange looking plate. It is much shorter and does not hang over the strap at all! I am kind of surprised noone ever noticed this at TZ.

Here is one more pic of the same watch:

IMG_1029.jpg

It looks like they were two versions of gen dial:

This one (older like our reps and it has quite flat cf):

IMG_8434.jpg

And more pronounced in more recent watch (black dw):

IMG_1028.jpg

BTW when you look at this second picture do you notice how wierd the lug plate looks? That's the only HBB I've seen with such strange looking plate. It is much shorter and does not hang over the strap at all! I am kind of surprised noone ever noticed this at TZ.

Here is one more pic of the same watch:

IMG_1029.jpg

Thanks for showing that! I do like the Tuiga, its nice! Wit the closed caseback, do not have to worry about the movement. am seriously thinking of getting it and get the new bracelet from King o it.

Hi All!

Question to everyone on this post: I assume 'ya 'ol have performed a SS Bezel Swap with the Ceramic, can someone tell me how easy it is, what tools do I need and what should I expect (any surprises? any do's and don'ts?, etc)? I just ordered the ceramic for my BB:

hbbcolorrf3.jpg

and planning to do the transplant myself!

Thanks for any info/tip!

Hike

I hope you didn't forget to order an H screwdriver too?

That's all you actually need.

Unscrew 6 screws. Get SS off, put Ceramic on. Screw all screws down (heads up - 2 screws are shorter so make sure you place them correctly - above chrono pushers) and you are done.

Also remember not to tighten these screws too much because ceramic can sometimes crack when you apply too much pressure.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Guest hublot1

Before securing the new bezel can you also remove a spec of dust from the dial by removing the crystal as well ?

Thanks

I hope you didn't forget to order an H screwdriver too?

That's all you actually need.

Unscrew 6 screws. Get SS off, put Ceramic on. Screw all screws down (heads up - 2 screws are shorter so make sure you place them correctly - above chrono pushers) and you are done.

Also remember not to tighten these screws too much because ceramic can sometimes crack when you apply too much pressure.

Good luck!

Guest hublot1

Ok then thanks...Love your reviews by the way !

Can I still attenpt to do it very carefully without having any previous experience...or leave it to a local watchsmith if I can find one

Thanks