When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regarding SinoWatches Youtube Videos

reachroland

So I randomly wanted to do some research on some watches, and found this Youtube link to some person named SinoWatches.

I did some research on this forum, and didn't really find anything new about him.

See link here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sinowatches

Can anyone really confirm that he's connected to any trusted dealers here?

The usual suspects like Omega, Tag, Panerai, etc....I have seen better quality on RWG.

But for some other brands, like Concord...I'm no expert. And those Youtube videos look kind of convincing.

But then again, I don't know enough about those brands.

What are your thoughts?

I bring up this topic, just because, I appreciate the videos in general.

Wouldn't it be cool, if some trusted dealers had YouTube videos for their products?

Edited by reachroland

his youtube vids are a great marketing tool, i agree. i've corresponded with a few of his customers when i was first doing research and due diligence on rep watches. he doesn't seem to be a scam artist. they got their watches and were happy with them. only one customer had 1 watch with a movement malfunction that he had to send back to be repaired/replaced. i don't know how well that was resolved.

his main problem, in my opinion, is he only takes western union or bank wire. that's just not something that seems to be worth the risk, imo. he's not been vetted enough, to my mind, and he's not on the approved dealer list here. and there's too many dealers here that have a long customer history not to simply inquire with them. i would imagine some of the dealers here have got the reach to acquire reps you're looking for. peace of mind seems priceless to me, but that's just me.

As I've said elsewhere I can vouch for them.

I've ordered many, many reps from him, never any probs.

Consider him as somewhere between the reputable collectors here and the wholesale markets in China.

Guess you roll the dice either way, all I can do is say I've never had a problem and will always order through them until the day it goes t*ts up! :rolleyes:

RR

Wouldn't it be cool, if some trusted dealers had YouTube videos for their products?

Yes, it would be cool. It would be just as cool to send letters to Rolex, Panerai, etc. stating that we all wear fakes and enclose a SASE for some hate mail.

I really don't understand why people [censored] themselves about how you can't wear reps to an AD and no one says anything about Youtube vids. The Youtube vid will be caught by a million or so more people.

I agree with Fidestro, the one video of the dealer going through box after box and pulling out reps to show the camera is like thumbing your nose at the gen manufacturers, how stupid can one get.

Fidestro,

Great point. I was thinking more from a consumer perspective.

Regarding the YouTube vids, I was thinking about the watches being displayed privately.

For example, some great dealers here, give you links to their Photobucket pages, but you can only access with username and password.

Do you think there's a private function for YouTube to display?

I wasn't exactly thinking about showing the public at large the YouTube videos, but rather creating a private video platform to ensure the quality of their product.

Examples (showing that it's really sapphire crystal, highlighting AR, turning off the lights to show the lume, video closeups of markings, rehaut, crown, caseback...etc. etc.)

i just personally think that high quality videos can go a long way in terms of confirming if a dealer is really as legit as the picture shows.

Edited by reachroland