When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrading/replacing Rlx Turnograph Bezel

Guest Watchandpen

Guest Watchandpen

I bought a "95%" Rolex Turnograph from Andrew which is very nice. The engraved markers on the bezel are however (1) too thin and (2) have had some of the black paint rubbed off. I would like to (1) have the markers repainted; (2) have the markers re-engraved to be bolder and broader like the original (which would probably mess up the bezel) and then repainted; or (3) best option - replace the bezel with a 99% - 100% aftermarket replacement (that will fit this watch). Anyone who can do the job - or who can suggest a source/solution? Thanks.

I bought a "95%" Rolex Turnograph from Andrew which is very nice. The engraved markers on the bezel are however (1) too thin and (2) have had some of the black paint rubbed off. I would like to (1) have the markers repainted; (2) have the markers re-engraved to be bolder and broader like the original (which would probably mess up the bezel) and then repainted; or (3) best option - replace the bezel with a 99% - 100% aftermarket replacement (that will fit this watch). Anyone who can do the job - or who can suggest a source/solution? Thanks.

I am awaiting my TOG withn the next weeks and I am planning the same modd for the bezel. In the past I asked a goldsmith (who is also a watchsmith) for re-engraving a bezel. That project was a restoring of a gen watch. He did it and the result is good. Try to find a goldsmith and get him the disassembled bezel. It should not be that big job...

Good luck!

Be sure to use one that isn't an AD :)

I looked in vain for a used OEM or aftermarket TOG bezel for almost a year after buying Jos's excellent TT rep. Until someone puts out an aftermarket bezel (not an impossibility because seeing as they have aftermarket sub, daytona, and even santos 100 bezels in steel and gold) I think the best course of action is to just accept the flaw an move on.