When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4th gen PO end link mod

kaijai

After receiving my 4th gen from Chief (thanks!) I was immediately impressed with just how close this watch is to the real thing. Being new to the rep world I did research the shortcomings of the 4th gen PO but without having one in hand it is hard to imagine just how bad the flaws are.

Luckily the 4th gen is pretty good as you all know and the main complaint is with the bracelet. The most annoying thing I found was that the end link that is closest to where the clasp closes folds up to 90 degrees when wearing the watch due to insufficient contact between the end link and the clasp. The gen obviously does not do this and unfortunately it is a pretty big flaw visually. See below for pic.

_MG_8749.jpg

I thought maybe a gen end link in place would cure the problem. Not knowing for sure I spent the $50 for one stinking link and ordered one anyway from Ofrei

http://www.ofrei.com/page666.html

_MG_8750.jpg

_MG_8753.jpg

Here are some comparison pics of the gen end link (left) and rep (right)

_MG_8761.jpg

_MG_8762.jpg

_MG_8763.jpg

a little bit of work later and viola! However you can tell its still not perfect. But the end link stops folding a complete 90 degrees now

_MG_8770.jpg

_MG_8771.jpg

_MG_8777.jpg

Another problem is that the gen end link sticks out like a sore thumb with the rest of the rep bracelet. A casual observer probably will not notice this but I sure can tell. See below. While the end link is doing what I want it to, the overall fit and finish of the entire bracelet is still not really up to the standards of the rest of the watch...hmm I may have to secure a gen clasp soon too!

_MG_8778.jpg

also snapped a shot of the movement here

_MG_8764.jpg

Thanks for the tip. However, it's not so much this link that is recognized as a problem, but rather the end links that go against the case. These have a large gap with the second link, when the bracelet is flexed.

Do you have any plans to change these end links as well?

Thanks for the tip. However, it's not so much this link that is recognized as a problem, but rather the end links that go against the case. These have a large gap with the second link, when the bracelet is flexed.

Do you have any plans to change these end links as well?

That's the biggy since those endlinks are connected to the whole bracelet you would need an entire new bracelet to change those out which is $$$.

• 2 weeks later...