When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinion on this 201/A

mwee

Is this the caseback (and case) you are refering to, Babola? The caseback seems like it, but this case is brushed with polished bezel...

23112008094.jpg

That's the one my man, the txt font and engraving is slightly thicker than on the genuine, but for me this caseback is by far the closest 201/A caseback I found in rep-world.

Others may chime in and correct me on this. Pamman...?

cheers,

babola

I think what Rolli's 2nd point is: Does the top side of the CG raised instead of flat. Like the H series and later CG is thicker and raised (curve) on the top side. Where the pre H series almost flat.

I can say 100% for sure that DSN's CG, even the newer one does not look or close to H series CG. Just recently got a 207A from him and the CG while on the top view does look similar on the top side, but on the side view it is just like the regular, non raised top side.

OK. Now I understand. However, I haven't ordered the watch yet so really wouldn't know. As it is, I am probably installing the V CG on it once/if I order it.

Thanks

Hi,

I have just received the 201/A from Davidsen. that was quick! Ordered on Monday and arrived today! Anyway, some pics:

P1000422.jpg

P1000423.jpg

P1000425.jpg

P1000429.jpg

P1000430.jpg

To me, the CG is really not bad. But I willl probably still use the V CG as I still have one more. For the dial, I am no expert but the lettering seems very thin ( is that true for pre-v models?) One thing I really do not like is the the so-ccalled filling in the numbers. Its kind of glossy (wax-like). Again, is that supposed to be like for a gen 201/A? I am looking forward o receiving my FGD dial. Please advise on the how the lume and colouring is like on a gen 201/A dial?

@Rolli<

Sorry I am not sure if this is the best DSN CG. never bought from him before. This is the second (first was for a friend). He mentioned this is the updated CG. As to hoe good it is, I leave to a Pam experts to decide. Currently I do not have any standard rep case to try the DSN CG on. I assume it should as he has already stated he is using standard rep cases :)