When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Version Big Pilot

matty74

Howdy Folks,

I a newbie to this forum so Hi.

I have been collecting reps for a few years now, from my travels around asia.

I have become quite fond of the BP, well for some time now, anyway I have ordered 2 BP 5002 and I'm not sure what the versions or overall quality of them are like so any advice is welcome.

So compared with the watches I used to buy in the back rooms in hong kong the quality has improved out of sight. I purchased a bell and ross BR03-92 for $120 and it is such a good watch, the only giveaway is the luminosity, but everything else is very good, keeps great time.

OK the watches I have, they are in the post but if some one can tell me if I have been ripped or if the watch is crap etc.. so general feed back from someone who is a rep expert especially with the BP, and or what one to buy and how much to pay would be great.

BP1 - I paid $200 bucks for this one, the dial is not quite right, but it looks OK, not sure what movement it would have

bp1.gif

BP2 - $70 bucks for this one, this is the only pic I got from the seller

bp2.gif

The first one looks like the V2 that was released by Angus, it's a rep of the 5004.

The second one is a picture of a genuine watch. For 70USD you won't receive something that is as nice as that unfortunately. There is a very good rep of the 5002, its named the V1, you can get it from Joshua. It comes with an Asian 21k movement, which is cheap, but the reports of the owners suggest the build quality of the watch itself makes up for it.