When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Dial wanted - Anteres World - can I ask?

Guest foxint

Guys,

Hope this is Ok to ask for help on my first day. I did introduce myself, but I am in Australia.

Anyway I am tryign to help out a mate who has a Breitling Antares Wolrd Automatic dial and trying to put it into a Rolex Submariner case. Why he woud want to do that I do not know. But I said I woudl try and get a dial - cheap - and see if I could make ti happen.

So if anyone can help that would be good. I have attache a phot of the little devil. I am also assuming it takes EAT2824-2, so I should be OK aside fromthe hands I have everything that is needed.

I might be very rude and ask for another thing. But that should go on the Roelx section.

I dabble in lots of stuff. So if I am pushing the envelope let me know.

regards

Dan

post-18282-1227588753_thumb.jpg

Sir

Thanks. If anyone else can help. I was just aboout to order a black one from a German website then the line went dead and I lsot all my history and I tried to search again and I can ot find it. Yeah I stuffed up.

So if you have one - black woudl be nice or if you knwo the website let me know.

Thanks'regards

Dan

Hope this is Ok to ask for help on my first day. I did introduce myself, but I am in Australia.

No sweat...you're doing fine!!

Anyway I am tryign to help out a mate who has a Breitling Antares Wolrd Automatic dial and trying to put it into a Rolex Submariner case. Why he woud want to do that I do not know. But I said I woudl try and get a dial - cheap - and see if I could make ti happen.

So if anyone can help that would be good. I have attache a phot of the little devil. I am also assuming it takes EAT2824-2, so I should be OK aside fromthe hands I have everything that is needed.

I'm a little confused over what you want. Does your friend have 2 of the Antares dials and he wants to sell one, or does he want to find another one, or does he want to find another one that will fit into a Submariner case?

The issue is likely more the diameter of the case you want to fit things into. You have to start off with what your priority is:

1. The use of a particular dial...which leads to finding a case and movement that will fit
  2. The use of a particular case first and finding a dial and movement that will fit
  3. Or finally, the use of a particular movement first, and finding a dial and case that will fit

Some of the Sub cases for example, have nasty wokky rehaut...others are pretty bang on. Depending on which case you are using will determine which movement you require and which dial will fit. Sometimes you can shave down the diameter of a dial to make one fit in another while other times you can securely mount a smaller dial onto the movement and have a gap between dial and case if the dial is too small.

I'm not shure this will help and I speak fluent Aussie but if a Gen dial is what you seek THIS is the place that may be able to find you one. If a rep dial is what you're after it may be harder. One of the smaller dealers may be able to help. If you need a rep dial PM me and I'll se what I can do.

Regards,

Col.

Guys

Thanks.

I was tryign to help a mate out. He bougth a submariner-style cse from me and then says he is goint to but a Breitling dial and ETA into the case. Sounds fine wiht me as I have put ETA2824-2 into the case I sold him. He can not acheive hsi goal. I asked all the questions what siz is the dail (29mm) well thats Ok....

So I thoguht if I can get a dial cheap enough (I recon genuine is the go, as he had the geneuine dial) I would see it I could make ti work. I ahve all the bits. It was just me beign helpfull.

I really donot know what he is doing wrong. So if there is a cheap dial Anteres out there let me know - otherwise he is on his own. I do not even know what the original csae looks like.

regards

Dan

PS Foxint and Fox are the saem I am havign troubles getting on to the site