When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know a source for the brushed smaller flat rivets on the Gen IWC pilot strap?

chad

I see so many great quality aftermarket straps for the BP but with ugly rivets. The IWC gen ones are elegant and simple and look fantastic. Anyone know where to source them or ones like it?

Chad

Jurgen flieger straps use nice, two piece rivets (to allow use with fixed lug watches). They should be easy to install on aftermarket straps - Just remove the existing rivet, punch a hole through the strap, and screw them in.

I'd try contacting one of their dealers, and ask if replacements are available (they probably are, since these parts could be easily lost). Good luck.

Jurgen does make nice screw rivets. He might sell them solo to you. He did for me about 8 or 9 years ago when I lost a rivet while changing one of his straps (the rivet flew out of my bedroom window, lol).

BTW, you can make the shiny rivets matte by masking the area with painter's tape and going over it with a green scrubby. Works perfectly.

That is a perfect example of the ones I do not like :)

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you said that you liked the flat, brushed rivets, and didn't like the polished, rounded ones. Since the Jurgens are flat and brushed, I must have got that backwards...

JurgenBigPilotTropical.jpg

custombp001E.jpg

Good luck with your search.