When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seagull ST16 issues, please advise

watch_fanatic

Yesterday got my Alpha watch with an ST16 movements and problems started to appear as soon as it started working.

* 1 When setting time, movement hacks as expected but as soon as I set it seconds hand jumps like 4 seconds :bangin:

* 2 If I shake it, seconds hand just stops for a brief of time and after it starts working again and if I start looking at it I can see it starts gaining time. In about 2 hours it is like 7 seconds faster (so in a day over a minute) :thumbdown:

I thought Seagull's ST16 was the best chinese 21 jewels movement around but after this experience ....

Does this all happens to all ST16 movements or did I get a really shitty lemon? Should I try to exchange it or does this happen to all ST16 movements?

Thanks for the assistance.

Edited by watch_fanatic

P3100017.JPG

P3100011.JPG

P3100016.JPG

TIMEX and ALPHA use the Seagull ST16 and can be had for close to nothing...still its a reliable movement

Concerning your trouble its likely that you have to send it for repair as something seriously worng with the movement but you have to wait for The Zigmeister or others to give you the details on whats wrong..terribel with those broken watches