When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of T crowns on my watches

Guest Sql_pl

So I finally took some more pics today.

Last night I decided to try and change the crown in my 111 and it turned out the screw that was holding the stem in was not really tight so I was able to do it on my own even without a correct screwdriver :)

Anyway here are the pics!

First is my beloved old cased 196 with a T60:

34912035tk3.jpg

I love the beefy look of this crown and how tight it fits to the case!

15014413fq4.jpg

96887373sb4.jpg

It's a shame they do not offer Daylight with this ase/bezel anymore...

20538414ks2.jpg

45934107za3.jpg

And here is a T48 crown on my 111:

17699493fo0.jpg

31406436ry8.jpg

88160246ja2.jpg

94279631oc1.jpg

And here they are together, side by side:

10jg4.jpg

11yh4.jpg

A side by side pic of both crowns:

12rh8.jpg

To be honest I actually prefer the look of T60 even though it is said it is not accurate. It's beefier and somehow looks more impressive when you have them both in hands.

Anyway both T48 and T60 are simply amazing and well worth getting - they will definately add a lot to your PAM look!

Thanks!

The strap on the 196 comes from Strap Culture. I am not sure which model it was - one from the series of straps that come with skull logo'd buckle.

And yes I am very happy with my small collection of two PAMs. There were moments when I had like up to 10 PAMs at once but never really wore them all.

69817-32949.jpg

Had a tendency to buy every "hot" pam back then including rare pieces like a Honpo 187, 2893 029 etc etc but ended up selling them. These two are the core and will keep them forever. I am only thinking about getting a 088 and be done. We will see.

Strap Culture, thanks I'll check it out.

That's a nice collection you have there.

Mine is building slowly and a 196 is a must.

I have some watches I don't wear very often as they have fallen out of favour but I can't bring myself to selling.

Sometimes I see something in a wristy or a new owner proudly showing off their new piece and I'm captivated again

by what was just sitting collecting dust.

My favour is fickle I guess.

Thanks again for the reply.

Wow those look great!!! Finally someone showing pictures of T-crowns where the 60's are on an auto as it should be and the 48 on a manual wind as it should be!!!

I see so many pics of watches with a 60 as an "Upgrade???" on a manual wind case. To me this always screams wrong wrong wrong!!!

Yours look perfect !!!!!

I see so many pics of watches with a 60 as an "Upgrade???" on a manual wind case. To me this always screams wrong wrong wrong!!!

No, not that wrong. It's only "wrong" if you're start counting the teeth.

T48 is more correct for sure, But 99% Pam reps with factory crowns would benefit from upgrading to T60.

I still see that as an upgrade, budget one - yes, but an upgrade nevertheless.

No worries, it is quite easy.

The most dfficult thing was to find right length of a stem or how deep the crown should sit on the stem.

In my 196 it was something around 2-3 mm of stem thread visible after the crown was fully in.

I am sure you can do it yourself.

If you have room enough between the case and the movement you can use a stem adapter. Just screw the adapter in the T crown, and your 7753 stem in the adapter. Naturally after shortening your stem to compensate for the added length by the adapter.

Cousinsuk has them: http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/5/647.aspx (Cousinsuk call them 'stem extensions', but, as they also come in different sizes of the male and female part, they actually work as stem adapters).

If I am not wrong, you need the item EX9012 (tap 9 to tap 12) -- 1.50 GBP for 5 pieces.

I already used them on some T60 crowns, size 120, that I putted on auto movements w/ stem size 90. And I am going to do the same with a couple of T48 crowns.

P.S.: Two extremely nice watches, Sql! Congrats!

Thanks for the info. Other thing that i note, is that cronw is thick for the space that is beetween case and CG. I think use dremel to reduce the thick. Any put in a 196 and had space for the cronw.

If not i use mine cronw in a 6497 watch.