When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Busted Ferrari Chrono, What Would U Do...

squeaker

I got this Ferrari chrono from TTK and the rotor was broken off, he has offered to fix if I ship it back but thats probably a 3-4 week deal to the other side of the planet and back. I can wind the watch and it keeps time but once the rotor is replaced its an auto again. The screw head broke off that holds the rotor on.

Here is a picture of the watch, probably the first rep of the ferrari chrono and a good loking watch but probably not real accurate.

-Should I go through with the repair and wait a month+ to get it back and pay shipping?

-Should I just wind it and wear it everyday?

-Or should I just sell it cheap to someone that wants to mess with it, like $85 or something like that?

90426-28474.jpg

90426-28475.jpg

Do you have a local watch guy who can fix it? It should be an easy fix.

It can't be fixed since the head of the rotor retaining screw sheared off, unless of course someone has the smallest tap/die set ever ;)

I wound it a couple turns last night and it was still running right on this morning so it works and holds a charge but it has to be wound, the missing rotor renders it a functional, yet, non-automatic watch.

Either wait 3 weeks or wind it. Most of My watches are autos, but I have so many I always have to wind them before I wear them. I don't wear a watch everyday. Probably not worth the trouble, maybe get a deal on your next one from TTK.java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_4')

:)

The base movement is an STD6. This base movement can be ordered from watch supply houses for about 13.50 USD. You could have someone just swap the autowinding mechanism. Unfortuantely the cost of repairing asian autos( which is mostly labor cost) can quickly approximate the cost of the watch, but in this case, if you have access to a watchmaker you should be able to get it done for maybe 50% of the cost of the watch, in my estimation.

Good luck.

Edited by olivia