When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB 21,600 VS. 28,800 versions that are 4sale?!

pamlover

I have been thinking of getting the HBB SS with SS bezel for a while now. But still a little confused about which one to get. At first I wanted to get the Lite and get Chieftang to put double AR on it, and get it from Angus, plus they updated the writting on the rotor to be thinner and more like gen, but from the pics I saw it is missing the H on the movt now on these 28,800 movt. After speaking to Sead, he said he can get me that watch as well, so I would rather go through Sead. The Double AR version are just $200 more, and I don't know if it is worth it, and it would be $100 cheaper to do it with chieftang.

Now I saw that the new dealer PWC has these for $269 with single AR I believe, but with 21,600 movt (supposely the new 21,600 and not the old ones that were problematic), and the movt has the fine adjuster regulator, like gen rotor berring, the H on the movement but thick stickers on the rotor, which I think is the worst tell.

So did any one get these new 21,600 HBB watches with the updated rotor berring, regulator, etc, and sourced the good rotor with thin markings from cartel or elsewhere and replaced it on the 21,600? Any thoughts on this 21,600 movt HBBs, reliable or not, etc?! Because if I go with cartel version 28,800, I will need to get the H sticker for the movt, fine regulator adjuster, and the rotor berring?! Any input is welcome.