When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from Noob who just ordered 1st rep. watch

JRB

Hello board! B)

I took the plunge tonight, after my seiko watch of 15+ years finally died on me. :cry2:

I tried a new battery in it with no luck, so it'll go into my watch archives, it being my first and favorite to date.

Soooooooo, after some consideration, tonight I took the plunge and purchased a rep Air King from this site:

http://www.watchcartel.com/

Everything went well, and my order was Paypal with c/c backing, so hopefully safe and secure on that front.

The description sounded like everything was/will be as accurate to the original as possible.

Disturbing thing though, is now the web site is down, and not coming up. Doesn't bode well.... <_<

Either way, I hope to learn much here from the long-time members and rep collectors.

My favorite is the Air King, as it appears solid, heavy, but not ridiculously flashy or overdone.

Simple and elegant is what I was shooting for, so we'll see how it ends up for me.

Thanks for reading my ramblings! :p

JRB :)

Well, after having done a quick search on the forum, it looks like I may be in for a ride....

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=watchcartel

We'll see if I get hosed on my first outing, ending up with nothing, or a piece of junk.

I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best, but only time will tell. :help::inv:

I'll definitely update this post once I determine the outcome of my first purchase.

I'd love to know where to purchase an as-accurate-as-possible Air king, as that is my one

and only desire right now, until I search around here more, and get the bug. Thanks again!

JRB

Hello JRB

I have never had any dealing with that site as i have never had the inclination to go to any one that is not listed on this board, i do hope you get your watch and all is in order, the peaople selling watches here tend to have very good service as the slightest infringment or fault is picked up by the membership and discussed at lenth, some times to the very smallest detail. i belive that the watch you orderd could be had a little cheeper from certain people here, you will undouptebly have an asian 21j ticking away in there, nothing wrong with that as they can be very good little work horses indeed but lack the smoother sweep of an ETA or asian 28800 hz movement. However that being said as a rep i am sure it will be good little watch, be carefull as you my find rep collecting to be addictive and hasardous to your relationships.

Spend some time reading here before you spend some more cash you may find some very valuable and worth while information!

Hello JRB

I have never had any dealing with that site as i have never had the inclination to go to any one that is not listed on this board, i do hope you get your watch and all is in order, the peaople selling watches here tend to have very good service as the slightest infringment or fault is picked up by the membership and discussed at lenth, some times to the very smallest detail. i belive that the watch you orderd could be had a little cheeper from certain people here, you will undouptebly have an asian 21j ticking away in there, nothing wrong with that as they can be very good little work horses indeed but lack the smoother sweep of an ETA or asian 28800 hz movement. However that being said as a rep i am sure it will be good little watch, be carefull as you my find rep collecting to be addictive and hasardous to your relationships.

Spend some time reading here before you spend some more cash you may find some very valuable and worth while information!

Thank you for the info Andy. My not-very-scientific approach was googling "Rolex Replica"

and then just going into each link and attempting to compare and research as well as possible.

Unfortunately the link to this forum was the last link I ran across, after I'd already ordered.

Here are all the rep sites that I've bookmarked for reference, good or bad:

post-18611-1228639076_thumb.jpg

I'll know soon if I boned myself there, and in the meantime I'll look to the forum for better information,

and hopefully a reliable, safe, and secure source to acquire my Air King as my X-mas gift to myself.

Thanks again!

JRB

JRB the only one of those links i would keep hold of is the bottom one, where are you located in the world, we may be able to recomend some one that suits you and your location.

I'm located in Memphis Tennessee, but I'll gladly deal worldwide with somebody

who is trustworthy, board recommended, and most importantly has high quality

items, that look as close to real as to be undetectable to the untrained eye.

Please confirm - out of the 12-13 links above, none are reliable or to be trusted?!

Any information will be appreciated, and I'll definitely update on my purchase.

Thanks again!

JRB

Edited by JRB