When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Symbol fell off

UCF

I just recieved my Omega Planet Ocean and everything looked great until I noticed the actual Omega symbol had fallen off and was just floating around inside of the watch.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to fix this or do I just need to send it back to my dealer? I would prefer to have it fixed locally (USA) than have to deal with china for this repair. Any help is appreciated.

Its not a huge job but it involves removing the movement, removing the hands and dial, putting the legs of the omega symbol through the dial and securing with a tiny amount of glue. Then its all back together.

Unless you know a rep friendly watch repairer, I would think it would be easier to send it back to the dealer.

If you are thinking of having a lume job or a service done on it, might be an ideal time to give The Zigmeister a shout.

Which dealer? The first move would be to let them know what happened and see what they'll do about it--if it was me I would push for a discount on my next purchase and get it fixed locally.

Like Hyster said, now's a good time for a relume, double AR, or other mods. If it's a UPO maybe you can still order a dial from Silix with the correct logo while you're at it, I think they're $35 or so.