When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Noisy movement! Trusty's seadweller lite.

Watcher1

Hi Guys and girls, This is my first ever post and have to say I have learn't so much by just reading some of the many interesting posts on this site. It's opened up a whole new world I didn't know existed! So much so, I decided to start with Trusty's seadweller lite after reading some recent reviews. It looked good and a really reasonable price.

Well, I recieved it in the post today and WOW! it really is a great watch for the price. However, one problem, the movement is so noisy. You can hear this thing in the next room wizzing around. Should it be like this? surely not. I know I didn't pay a lot for it but it is loud!

I have sent Andrew an email, just waiting for a reply. Has anyone else had this problem? is there anything I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

You need to grease the bearings where the rotor attaches. You do this by removing the rotor, and using a pin or a needle, with some silicon grease or other appropriate grease on the tip, and apply it gently to the general area, making sure the ball bearings get a good coating. Then take a tissue or soft cloth and clear the extra grease. Attach the rotor back on, and now it should be very silent.

I've done this on all my reps which had noisy rotors, it worked brilliantly for every one :)

Thanks Demonslayer, I really am a complete novice in this area. Are there any visual instructions on doing this? I'm worried I'll end up breaking it!

As DS has said, the Asian movement is usually dry on the rotor hence the noise. While grease may silence it...according ot the watchmaking experts, they say it's actually bad for the movement.

Look at the links in the Noob Guide linked in my signature, and look for the A7750 power reserve links or noisy rotor or something like that. There are a few links there that talk about the traditionally noisy rotor on the reps.

I'll tell you now, an A7750 properly serviced by The Zigmeister the Master comes back quiet!!!