When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet ROO seconds at 12 position

anics

Hi guys

Not sure if anyone can help with this one but.....

I recently purchased an AP ROO seconds @ 12 from a seller called Fashiontime88 via Tradetang for about 500USD. I have purchased from this guy before (Daytona, Panari) and have had no problems. However the AP is a different story!

For the first 2-3 days it was fine, better than that, an amazing copy..... then it started to loose time and stop. I never over wound it and was very careful with it. Eventually it died and now it runs for about 5-10 mins then stops regardless of being wound (interestingly enough, if you 'tap' the face it starts up again after it has stopped but only for a minute or two it is as if the power from the spring is not getting to the gears?)

So, basically I have a nice AP paperweight at the moment. Lucky me.

My question - does anyone know if, how and where I can get the watch fixed. If I ship it back to China I am pretty sure I'll never see it again and to be honest I'd like to get it fixed if possible. I live in Europe (UK and Spain) but would be prepared to send it to the US if there was a good chance of getting it sorted out.

Great forum btw, wish I'd have stumbled upon it sooner. Very informative.

Thanks

Alex

Hi guys

Not sure if anyone can help with this one but.....

I recently purchased an AP ROO seconds @ 12 from a seller called Fashiontime88 via Tradetang for about 500USD. I have purchased from this guy before (Daytona, Panari) and have had no problems. However the AP is a different story!

For the first 2-3 days it was fine, better than that, an amazing copy..... then it started to loose time and stop. I never over wound it and was very careful with it. Eventually it died and now it runs for about 5-10 mins then stops regardless of being wound (interestingly enough, if you 'tap' the face it starts up again after it has stopped but only for a minute or two it is as if the power from the spring is not getting to the gears?)

So, basically I have a nice AP paperweight at the moment. Lucky me.

My question - does anyone know if, how and where I can get the watch fixed. If I ship it back to China I am pretty sure I'll never see it again and to be honest I'd like to get it fixed if possible. I live in Europe (UK and Spain) but would be prepared to send it to the US if there was a good chance of getting it sorted out.

Great forum btw, wish I'd have stumbled upon it sooner. Very informative.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex!

First welcome to RWG!

Sorry to hear about your AP ROO movement problem! I have a few of those and so far, so good! We've been thru your quandary before we found this place! If you had dealt with your dealer before and he is a standup guy, I would send it back to him to be repaired! Our dealers here would fix it with no problems! If you decide to have it done outside of your dealer, our resident expert on your type of movement, ASIA 7750 is The Zigmeister! He could fix that with no problem......, but the problem is would he have time to do it! You mite wanna post a request for him! I don't think you could PM him being new and all! DO a search, too on

service and repair and I'm pretty sure you'll find some excelletn info!

Good luck and again, Welcome! This is a good place to stay!

Hike!

Hi Alex!

First welcome to RWG!

Sorry to hear about your AP ROO movement problem! I have a few of those and so far, so good! We've been thru your quandary before we found this place! If you had dealt with your dealer before and he is a standup guy, I would send it back to him to be repaired! Our dealers here would fix it with no problems! If you decide to have it done outside of your dealer, our resident expert on your type of movement, ASIA 7750 is The Zigmeister! He could fix that with no problem......, but the problem is would he have time to do it! You mite wanna post a request for him! I don't think you could PM him being new and all! DO a search, too on

service and repair and I'm pretty sure you'll find some excelletn info!

Good luck and again, Welcome! This is a good place to stay!

Hike!

Thanks for the info

Think I will try to get hold of The Zigmeister, sounds like the best bet. Dealer has supplied great pieces but his after service ain't so great.

Many thanks

Alex

Update.....

I have found a guy in Spain (where I live) that is gonna take a look at the AP ROO for me. If he does a good job and anyone else needs someone in Spain that services reps I'll let you know. Failing that I'm talking to The Zigmeister (after Christmas).

Alex