When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I would like to purchase a Breitling

robb817

I have been scouring the forums for awile now looking at all different watches but I think I would like to purchase a breiting. I want to get some type of navitimer but I am not sure which one. I am lost as far as where to order it from. There are tons of dealers out there and I don't know who has the best breitlings.

I would really prefer to spend about 100-150 but I think brietlings are a little more expensive than the rolex reps that I was looking at before. I was looking at one navi for $100 from a dealer on another forum and it said it has a quartz movement, instead of the usual asian movements found in most reps. Are quartz movements ok or are they garbage? Are they smooth sweeping like a rolex or is it the "tick" type?

Thanks for helping out a noob.

I have been scouring the forums for awile now looking at all different watches but I think I would like to purchase a breiting. I want to get some type of navitimer but I am not sure which one. I am lost as far as where to order it from. There are tons of dealers out there and I don't know who has the best breitlings.

I would really prefer to spend about 100-150 but I think brietlings are a little more expensive than the rolex reps that I was looking at before. I was looking at one navi for $100 from a dealer on another forum and it said it has a quartz movement, instead of the usual asian movements found in most reps. Are quartz movements ok or are they garbage? Are they smooth sweeping like a rolex or is it the "tick" type?

Thanks for helping out a noob.

Welcome aboard. The questions you ask are very common Noob questions which will be answered by EVEN MORE reading of the Noob Guide linked in my signature. To make a long story short...read more...but I'll start you off here:

• Quartz movements tick 1/s...they are choppy and will NOT have a smooth sweep whatsoever
  • Quartz movements on watches that are only automatic are a big "tell" of it being fake
  • Quartz versions of reps are USUALLY quite inferior to their more expensive auto equivalents
  • Quartz movement reps will likely be more reliable, cheaper to operate and maintain
  • There are some good cheap quartz reps out there...you have to find them
  • Read the Breitling guide pinned in the Breitling section
  • Search for the best reps under $150 thread somewhere...might be linked in the Noob Guide...can't remember

Please let me give you some advice.

Do not impulse buy. Visit the specialized Breitling section of this forum and read read read. Go to the genuine website and read. Go to timezone and read.

Read read read... learn learn learn.

Then when you find a model you like, research dealers, and until you know what things like "drop shipping" are don't buy anything, unless you want disappointment.

Also - pay big attention to date-wheels on the reps. That should be a big clue of whether a rep is good or average.

Good luck and remember there are lots of folks here who I consider experts in Breitling watches who are more than willing to help.

when I said I was a noob I didnt mean I was an idot.

:p

I'm just kidding... you know

There's no such thing as a "dealer who has access to THE BEST Breitlings" because all of the dealers on our forum pretty much all have access to the same stuff. You also need to understand that a high-quality Breitling rep will cost you somewhere along the lines of $250-$400. Unless you want to be a joke, forget quartz movements - the Asian 7750 chronograph movement, in the standard layout, is a phenomenal thing so long as you are gentle with it and don't abuse the chronograph too much by running it too often.

As for which Breitling rep is the most high quality, there are quite a few - but many people really praise the Super Ocean Steel Fish and the Skyland. The Navitimer and chrono evolution have datewheel flaws. That is just scratching the surface of what is available though.

As for which Breitling rep is the most high quality, there are quite a few - but many people really praise the Super Ocean Steel Fish and the Skyland. The Navitimer and chrono evolution have datewheel flaws. That is just scratching the surface of what is available though.

I definitely agree with Corgi on his summary. To add, for the buck, the SOSF (Steelfish) in the Breitling line, Asian movement is likely the best buy. The movement is cheap to replace ($12 + labour at $50 or you do it yourself) if it fails...so is good for a "beater" watch. There was one up for sale recently by a member...don't know if it's still available. Check the "Watches" section for member to member sales. It won't have the AR coating like the Swiss variety, but is 50% less in cost and a good entry point to a high end replica.

The Skyland I picked up for $185...don't know what the current rate is. This was an amazing "regular" price deal from Watchstation...and as my review shows, is an amazing piece...and unbeatable at the price.

Good luck.