When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 dial and hands are off-white

nakortheblue

Only the V1 version of the 3717 had the white lume. I have the v1 and had it relumed, Swiss ETA swap, date wheel swap by The Zigmeister, along with double AR from Chieftang. The gen has lume on the hour and minute hands and 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock markers only. The Zigmeister removed the bulky hour markers and recreated them using superluminova. Just got it back today and will post pictures when I get home.

Got my 3717 double ar from josh and the dial and hands seem to be off-white and not white like the gen.

Is this due to the AR or the type of lume used?

will chief ar cure this?

Or a fresh coat of luminova?

Nice watch, had a fully modded The Zigmeister and jakub version swiss ETA everything version. Got the gen as a gift :D

If you are going to have it relumed... DO NOT have subdial 12 and 6 hands relumed. The gen only has the hour hands and 12, 3, 6, 9 markers lumed. If you are also looking to have it ARd, find someone who offers one with a blue-ish hue to it. On the gen, you do not see the blue (its clear as crystal!) UNTILL you look at the crystal and see the reflection of some light source (ie. lamp, window, etc).

Also, the hour markers (12,3,6,9) are blocks! Their edges are all square like the version 1 dial. The only diff with V1 dial was that these blocks were too thick. The Zigmeister builds up the lume nicely and i never complained when i had the modded piece, but those markers will still be rounded after he mods it. I'm not sure, but i think v2 had the same markers as v1, just thinner. Might be worth while getting v1 dial 3717 and v2 dial on the side and do a marker transplant.

Also, the gen glows like a torch :)

Cheers and good luck with your search

If you are going to have it relumed... DO NOT have subdial 12 and 6 hands relumed. The gen only has the hour hands and 12, 3, 6, 9 markers lumed. If you are also looking to have it ARd, find someone who offers one with a blue-ish hue to it. On the gen, you do not see the blue (its clear as crystal!) UNTILL you look at the crystal and see the reflection of some light source (ie. lamp, window, etc).

If you buy it now from Eurotimez you get the V1 dial with the correct lume, the V2 case with the blue-ish hue on it and as bonus far better datewheels than the one from the V1 or V2 reps.