When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GEN Pam111 f used ?

tgchrono2

Dial looks OK, so does the mov't.

Can't say the same about the caseback, though. Unless Panerai changed caseback txt engraving from E to F-series, this one isn't quite right.

See here for 111 E-series caseback engaving, spot the letter spacing in Officine Panerai.

pam_111_21.jpg

The OP and Serial No have been tacticaly obstructed by the photo taker, so hard to say for sure.

Excercise caution.

Both are gen mov'ts. The EPANERAIPAN engraving on gen bridges hasn't been matched yet in rep world.

New hi-beat Asian 6497-2 mov'ts are way above the previous versions, but the engraving is still one of the biggest tells and if you know what to look for it can be spotted from a distance.

Also, the sunburst finish coming from the midle jewel on the main bridge is still much better and with more detail done on the gen E-series mov'ts.

I'd ask to handle the watch and compare the BB and serial #'s to known rep #'s. Over the last six months or so, the number of frankens on ebay and elsewhere has skyrocketed thanks to the availability of gen parts on the used market, but I don't understand why someone would put a clear rep caseback on a gen watch. Most of the frankens sold wind up being gens w/ the gen CG, clear caseback and movement removed to sell on the side, a rep movement and solid caseback and CG installed onto the franken to sell as gen. I assume this allows scammers to pick up another grand or so on the sale of a $3500 handwind.

I have a gen F series 111 and the caseback is the same as the one pictured. Mine is 100% gen. Could be a case of the watch was sold without box and papers so the seller picked up a rep box on the bay or somewhere. Maybe he even thought it the box was gen. I agree better pics are needed, but the spacing on officine panerai is okay.

I have a gen F series 111 and the caseback is the same as the one pictured. Mine is 100% gen. Could be a case of the watch was sold without box and papers so the seller picked up a rep box on the bay or somewhere. Maybe he even thought it the box was gen. I agree better pics are needed, but the spacing on officine panerai is okay.

Would you mind posting a photo of your gen 111F caseback, thanks!

Here is a dirty pic of my PAM. I'd go for the 111, but if the other one has box/papers that could be a consideration. I have a higher res pic if anyone wants, I tried to size this one down to post and it was taken in my bathroom so no need to tell me how bad my photo skills suck.

post-787-1229726541_thumb.jpg

Thanx for the pics SD, this again confirms that the only thing consistent with gen Pams is their inconsistency ;-)

E and F-series 111 should have the same features, case lines, engravings and overal design, however the pics you and I posted support the otherwise.

cheers,

babola

Thanx for the pics SD, this again confirms that the only thing consistent with gen Pams is their inconsistency ;-)

E and F-series 111 should have the same features, case lines, engravings and overal design, however the pics you and I posted support the otherwise.

cheers,

babola

What's crazy is that until this post I never even realized that the backs were different. I knew my was gen as I purchased from the orginal owner and respected TZ member who had all docs. I love that you learn something new everyday on this site.

Between 5 and 111, I would go for 111 for 'shore.

Back in '07, people thought pam 005 was discontinued pieces. I almost bought one from one of my friend dealer. lucky i didn't!

i checked the PAM 111 f series & its GEN 110%. Now i found someone else (member of RWG) selling his GEN PAM 005 at almost the same price. Which one do you propose to choose ? The 005 has closed caseback....