When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SMP Chrono gen black Dial

fitipaldi2

• 3 weeks later...

mmmh... it seems nobody knows the answer. Maybe I didn't put all the info.

This is the watch I'm asking for (lanikai's picture):

post-8485-1231463537_thumb.jpg

I really want to put on it a gen dial, but I don't know where to get one. I will really appreciate your help.

thanks

Edited by fitipaldi2

Somebody awhile back asked about the tube and crown for this one...and we couldn't get a solid answer on the gen's case number. Nobody has responded that I know of, to queries on the gen's case number...making it harder to order the proper part from Ofrei's. It SEEMS the rep uses the same case as the blue one in my review, but nobody with both that has the opportunity to try swapping gen or rep parts between models has said an answer with proper authority.

Sorry...if you find out..let us know.

I know the pain...if they only had the proper applique OMEGA logo...it would be great. It's a nice looking piece either way, and really not distinguishable from the gen without close inspection.

Thanks Toadtorrent to answer my question.

The watch is amazing. I just bought one from Watchmark (taking advantage of his good offer) and I ordered also a PO rubber strap (the one for the 45.5 mm) to put into it. Antother member told me he did it and the watch looks awesome. Once I will receive the watch I will post some photos with the rubber strap. I hope this new version doesn't have the same issue with the crown and tube than the previous one. I want to swap also the datewheel.

Thanks Toadtorrent to answer my question.

The watch is amazing. I just bought one from Watchmark (taking advantage of his good offer) and I ordered also a PO rubber strap (the one for the 45.5 mm) to put into it. Antother member told me he did it and the watch looks awesome. Once I will receive the watch I will post some photos with the rubber strap. I hope this new version doesn't have the same issue with the crown and tube than the previous one. I want to swap also the datewheel.

Likely the tube/crown will. Be careful with it...essentially, when winding it back in, push it in a bit and turn it COUNTER-clockwise until you feel a "click" with the threads mating...THEN push in and screw as per normal. If you just push in and screw in clockwise, the extra turns with the threads un-engaged accelerate the wear. I did this...and still had problems. The parts aren't all that expensive...I was too chicken to do the mod myself though...wanted to...but backed down and had The Zigmeister do it.

I've got the hands and date wheel on order. I want to make sure the parts are right before I give you the part numbers.

Omega in New Jersey gave me them but I want to make sure the hands are the longer hands. The date wheel should be right since it is black and the part number shows that code. All is on order from Switzerland and they just reopened after three weeks off.

Note that ALL the hands on the rep are too short. I didn't get firm pricing on the dial as I compared the rep with a gen and the rep looks good enough for me. I'm putting an ETA 7750 in so the gen hands will fit. If you don't only the hour/minute hands will fit the rep if I remember correctly.

I'll let you know as soon as I get the parts - probably late February. I've got a 22mm rubber strap on the watch and it looks great. I haven't had time to post pics but will do it within the next week.

Jim

Jim