When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ok. daytona @ 9 finally here

db1

all of you had seen me posting about crowns & tubes, and taps etc =]

well this is it, the rep is here finally after a dealer did not have it in stock for a long time after recieving payment, so he had refounded and i have ordered from king, she had it in stock and withen less then 2 weeks the rep is here.

i have a gen set of 7mm crown & tube which should fit in, i also have the correct tap for re-tapping the tube hole for the gen tube. i have all kind of drills and one of them will be fine for the counter-sinking process if needed.

now my question is- how do i remove the rep tube safely ?

some had told me most of the rep tubes are hard to remove since they have glue holding them right out the factory. as much as i know these rep tubes also dont have the inner "teeth" like the gen tubes, so i am wondering in which way should i approch the unscrewing of the rep tube?

about stem removal, last time i did it, it was with a DG movement , i pushed the stem removal button as winding position, it works fine with that movement, removing it, then fitting it back and works great.. do i remove the stem the same way on the a7750? winding position? (its a daytona secs @ 9, no date position here..)

thanks for your help :-)