When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my Euromariner today.

aar002

It's been two months, but now I am the proud owner of an exquisite Euromariner from Eurotimez. I am only concerned how the picture below doesn't do it justice. It looks way better in reality. The dial and bezel are a wonderfully purplish blue with a beautiful sheen about it. In the picture it just looks blue. Today, I compared it to the genuine article in the window of the local jewellers shop, and I couldn't tell the difference. I am a bit of a lay in these matters, this being my first 'rep'. You pro's will undoubtedly immedeately spot that something is 2 microns out of place. :D

It is only 4 seconds off each day, which I understand is pretty accurate for a mechanical movement. I orderded it with the genuine Swiss ETA movement, but even so ... And oh, yes... It was a perfect fit right out of the... No wait... It didn't come in a box... Envelope!

It did take two months to arrive due to the fact that the first one got confiscated by British customs (bummer), and the second one couldn't get sent off because of the airport blockades in Thailand... But Chris came through in the end and it didn't cost me anything extra.

In all... I'm one happy camper.

post-17063-1229887417_thumb.jpg

It's been two months, but now I am the proud owner of an exquisite Euromariner from Eurotimez. I am only concerned how the picture below doesn't do it justice. It looks way better in reality. The dial and bezel are a wonderfully purplish blue with a beautiful sheen about it. In the picture it just looks blue. Today, I compared it to the genuine article in the window of the local jewellers shop, and I couldn't tell the difference. I am a bit of a lay in these matters, this being my first 'rep'. You pro's will undoubtedly immedeately spot that something is 2 microns out of place. :D

It is only 4 seconds off each day, which I understand is pretty accurate for a mechanical movement. I orderded it with the genuine Swiss ETA movement, but even so ... And oh, yes... It was a perfect fit right out of the... No wait... It didn't come in a box... Envelope!

It did take two months to arrive due to the fact that the first one got confiscated by British customs (bummer), and the second one couldn't get sent off because of the airport blockades in Thailand... But Chris came through in the end and it didn't cost me anything extra.

In all... I'm one happy camper.

post-17063-1229887417_thumb.jpg

Very Nice!

I'd love to see some more close up pictures when you can.

My euromariner (black SS) is sitting at the local post office waiting for me to come pick it up tomorrow.... can't wait.

Why the first one has been confiscated by British custom? Do you mean in the travel between Taiwan and Uk?

Yes, I mean in the travel from Thailand to the UK. I live in Europe, and at Eurotimez you can have the watch sent to you from without the European community, or from within. From within is $ 25,- more expensive, but considering the first watch was confiscated at the European border, don't you think it is the best $ 25,- I ever spent? :D They will have to send you another one as many times as it takes for one to reach you.

Look upon it as an extra insurance. That way the risk is for Eurotimez... (Although I understand that when you have your watch sent from without Europe, and it gets confiscated, they will generally send you another one, one time only.)

AA is this the one with the gold all the way through the center links?

The Euromariner is, as I understand it, a 'concoction' made by Chris (or his team?) consisting of the best parts available. A bit 'Noob', a bit 'MBK, a bit 'Genuine Swiss-ETA' and a lot of 'TLC' to make it look as close to 'gen' as possible.

As I understand it, the gold on the center links of the 'MBK' bracelet was the best in the business, and the discussion was wether or not they were solid gold. In any case the gold never wore off. But that whole discussion has become hypothetical now, because that bracelet isn't available anymore...

The Euromariner as I received it (But please contact Eurotimez for confirmation) has the one with the 14K wrapped gold center links. It is supposed to be the next best thing. The gold on the bracelet with the 18K plated center links is supposed to come off very quickly (But anyone please feel free to contradict me on this if it isn't true).

I really like the black and gold one, I found my Euromainer bracelet was sharp along the edges, nothing a bit of

sandpaper and 2 hrs won't fix though.

Then a soak in olive oil gave it a nice lubricated heavy click feel rather than a dry lightweight jingle.

Well worth doing mate.

Out of interest how much did you pay?

ive been looking for this watch myself

I paid $520,- + the beforementioned $ 25,-. With what the Eruo does against the dollar I thought it was worth the money. (And now that I received it it looks every Euro of it...)

That includes all the modifications. He even put in a gen quality pearl. (Which shines beautifully in the dark.)

I really like the black and gold one, I found my Euromainer bracelet was sharp along the edges, nothing a bit of

sandpaper and 2 hrs won't fix though.

Then a soak in olive oil gave it a nice lubricated heavy click feel rather than a dry lightweight jingle.

Well worth doing mate.

Thanks for the tip. I will certainly give the olive oil a try.

It might just be a matter of perception, but I didn't find my bracelet sharp along the edges at all. Or perhaps I received a different type of bracelet.

Maybe! your links are gold down the middle so it could well be a different bracket!

Mine feels and acts like a gen bracelet now, very happy with it.

Getting an ETA deep sea V3 off chris in the new year, looking forward to that one :)