When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 005 vs Pam 111 case back covers swap ?

tgchrono2

Gen and rep both are possible, but you may not be happy with what you see.

The movement on a gen 005 doesn't have the panerai bridgework, swan neck, or high decoration. So you would be showing off a movement that really isn't meant to be shown off. You would also have to source a rep or aftermarket caseback which I wouldn't bother putting on a gen.

On the rep you would most likely have the wrong movement as most will have the swan neck and or incorrect bridges making the watch even further from the gen.

Your best bet would be to buy a 111 gen or rep if you want to look at the movement.

The 000 and 005 movement should look just like the A-D movements, AFAIK. Square ETA standard bridge shapes with the "PANERAIPANERAIPANERAI" graffiti decoration with no swan neck. Here is a pic of my old gen 002D's movement:

DSCF1310.jpg

I actually prefer this decoration to the current CdG decoration, but that's just me.

Edited by peepshow

The 000 and 005 movement should look just like the A-D movements, AFAIK. Square ETA standard bridge shapes with the "PANERAIPANERAIPANERAI" graffiti decoration with no swan neck. Here is a pic of my old gen 002D's movement:

DSCF1310.jpg

I actually prefer this decoration to the current CdG decoration, but that's just me.

The movement in the 000 & 005 actually differs from the A - D series in that the decoration is CdG stripes on the original ETA bridges, similar to both the preV and preA movements. Different orientation of stripes to either and wider than the preV stripes but the same idea.

Tiger, I've got the same idea as yours but the other way round which is to put a 005 case back onto a 111H.

Should I get bored with the dial, I'll then swap the dial out to a super lumed 005 :)

Cheers

thanks very much Paneraimen for the info you supplies to me....i did not know that pam 005 had this look inside