When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alpha Cases

StormTooper4

Guys I have just seriously stuffed up a perfectly good watch by trying to fit the movement in to an Alpha case. Have any of you been successful in using one of the cases??, is it just me??? as its driving me insane and I would really appreciate knowing if I am wasting my time and effort on this frigging case. I just cant get the movement support parts in, its as if the cutouts are too low. I'd really appreciate just knowing if its me or the case.

Thanks AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH I am soooo frustrated

ST4

Thickness of the dial is the issue - it needs to be less than 0.5mm thick and ideally 0.4mm

Standard dials are between 0.6 and 0.8mm thick....sandwich dials being the thickest.

They work fine with a FGD 0.2mm dial top plate only but still doesn't solve the deeper than neccessary rehaut that you get due to the way the crystal sits in the bezel. To solve this a new crystal gasket is required

Hope this helps??

Best

FGD

I had the same problem when i installed the movement that the whole in the movement does not line up with the tube of the case, so for me the case was useless and i left it for rubbish

Cheers

Yes I feel your pain PB, rubbish is exactly what I was thinking

Thickness of the dial is the issue - it needs to be less than 0.5mm thick and ideally 0.4mm

Standard dials are between 0.6 and 0.8mm thick....sandwich dials being the thickest.

They work fine with a FGD 0.2mm dial top plate only but still doesn't solve the deeper than neccessary rehaut that you get due to the way the crystal sits in the bezel. To solve this a new crystal gasket is required

Hope this helps??

Best

FGD

FGD useful info thanks but I have this dial and ....................................... I can't even talk about AAGGHHHHHHHH

I have two cases from those marina militare watches, don't know if they are the same...

I'm waiting for the mvmts and dials to assemble the whole thing, will let you know how it goes.

BB good luck Dude, not one but 2!!!! let us know how it goes

So not impressed by these cases

ST4