When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement Question

AmStaFF

Hi All,

i want to build me a PAM 111 E-Series, and now can i buy this Movement for 168$, my Question is this a fair Price and is it a Asia or Swiss or Asia+Swiss Movement

here the Pics

e4rmb.jpg

e1rube.jpg

e2kpj2.jpg

thanks for reading

This is the infamous Asia/Swiss Hybrid 6497-1 mov't that originated in late '06.

It's also being reffered to as "Swasian" or "Chiss" by some members, depending on which forums they belong and what terminology they use to describe it.

It's not bad, but "Swiss" it aint. It's a very well finished Asian with some Swiss parts like base plate and few parts of the drivetrain.

The Zigmeister has reviewed it before in detail. Check his section for an in-depth overview.

Probably not bad for that price but the bridges finish has moved on since, it's much smoother and engraved with more detail.

Thanks for that long "link" , It was VERY intresting !

It was a pity that I did not know that the Fiddy was so popular model when I was in Bejing ( jun 06 ! ) on the silkmarket because they had lots of Fiddys but I thought it was to big then !

...just noticed that The Zigmeister had since removed a link to the 'Hybrid 6497-1' review I mentioned above in my post.

Here's the link to another topic started as a parallel discussion back then:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

cheers,

babola