When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

The answer is:

Genuine dial, untouched with genuine aged Tritium.

Rep hands and pearl, lumed with Genuine Tritium.

Genuine crown.

Rep CG with new pin and polished.

Bezel polished.

Lello DW.

Upgraded crystal and cyclops, with AR removed.

New cap fabricated on lathe, polished, and installed on the minute hand tube.

RG

Fantastic work as always RG , however impossible it may seem , you are continuing to raise "the bar" on your own work!!!

Oh and congratulations to the owner!! ;)

I believe the Canadian posties will be delivering another one of these to you today for almost the identical treatment.

But Gen tritium ...now theres a turn up for the books.......any spare ?

Cheers and a Happy New Year!!!

FGD

To answer the genuine tritum question, the answer is simple...well sort of... if you have a lot of time on your hands.

What you do is look for the "lot" sales of old watches for sale from various sources, you buy these up normally for pennies per pound, then you keep those that are lumed with Tritium, and in your spare time, you scrape and save up the old tritium from these watches, and eventually you have enough scrapings to do a set of hands...

RG

That's funny about the correct answer on this one. I would say I failed in a big way. I got the pin mod, cyclops, datewheel, polished bezel and gen dial and pearl lume sort of...didn't get that it was done with tritium. I know the The Zigmeister lume is waaaay smoother usually than this gen dial untouched...but the colour was so close to the aged tritium mix that you do R I thought you had a special request to do the dimpling of the surface to make it look more aged.

With the T48 crowns...how can you tell the difference between gen or custom crown? I can't tell the difference between crown guards...but that The Zigmeister pin job is fantastic.

I failed on what lume was used, the CG and the hands.

Nice work!