When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

searching upgraded logo

Houdin

Hi boys,

Im new to this forum, I'm from Italy and want to salute you.

I've got 2 panny reps and I wear them every day.

Now I would like to buy a good upgraded pam "logo", can someone help me?

(I need for replacements too)

Pleased to meet you.

It depends on how picky you are. The "cartel" 000's and 005's are pretty good unless you're really picky about the logo. After searching for a good logo dial to use on a 195 rep, I'm sadly convinced that there is no logo dial (contemporary that is; the fishgodeep vintage logo dials are awesome) that is not an instant tell for anyone who knows what OP logo dials should look like. DSN's logo is pretty good but the rest of his watch is horrible, from dial fonts to CG. At this point I would recommend waiting for the correct vintage cases to be built (I hear one of the attempts is nearing completion), buy a fishgodeep dial and a DSN pre-V caseback and build a logo dialed watch that way.

At this point I would recommend waiting for the correct vintage cases to be built (I hear one of the attempts is nearing completion), buy a fishgodeep dial and a DSN pre-V caseback and build a logo dialed watch that way.

Who is building the these cases???

But what do you think of the DSN 201/a on its own?

At this point I would recommend waiting for the correct vintage cases to be built (I hear one of the attempts is nearing completion), buy a fishgodeep dial and a DSN pre-V caseback and build a logo dialed watch that way.

Arch - you spoil me with your kind comments ....I'm sat here with my chest all puffed out with a cheesy grin :D :D :D

This is the new dial - un-lumed indices at present so they look a tad wider in some of the shots as the sides and base of the etched markings merge to the human eye.

The last shot shows the actual width of the etching which IMHO is circa 98% accurate to original ? :o

The brown/ white-ish colouring is the raw steel that is exposed via the etching process - just waiting to have some lume applied in a Pre-Vendome stylee!!!

Cheers

FGD

P1020666.jpg

P1020661.jpg

P1020662.jpg

P1020664.jpg

P1020659.jpg

P1020653.jpg

see those pics guys? When arch says good, arch means damn near perfect or better.

A question for the experts: Say you took a jimmy case and CG, a T48 crown, and had that PVDed w/ the original pam PVD process. Then you found a decently numbered (eg lower than 300) A series caseback lying in the street. Which of fishgodeep's t dials would you use to make a rep of a watch that actually existed in real life?

Arch - you spoil me with your kind comments ....I'm sat here with my chest all puffed out with a cheesy grin :D :D :D

This is the new dial - un-lumed indices at present so they look a tad wider in some of the shots as the sides and base of the etched markings merge to the human eye.

The last shot shows the actual width of the etching which IMHO is circa 98% accurate to original ? :o

The brown/ white-ish colouring is the raw steel that is exposed via the etching process - just waiting to have some lume applied in a Pre-Vendome stylee!!!

Cheers

FGD

P1020666.jpg

P1020661.jpg

P1020662.jpg

P1020664.jpg

P1020659.jpg

P1020653.jpg