When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alien Quartz Speech Clock

URkuk

I ordered a Gucci mini G for my wife from Joshua a few days before Christmas..Conny is in Berlin Germany and I am currently in Fort LAuderdale, FL.. When I spoke to her on the phone today I asked her if she received anything unusual in the mail..

She replied yes she did but did not sound very happy...I asked her what was wrong and she replied

"Why would you buy me such a strange gift?...hmmmm Whats strange about a watch?..

I asked her if it was damaged or missing something and she replied "No its all there it's just not to my taste...

Honey what exactly is wrong with it?

It's kinda ugly....Why would you send me an Alien Quartz Speech Clock?

Its a cheap toy made for a child"

Ok there must have been a shipping mistake so I email Joshua...he replies

"open the clock watch is hidden inside"

I call my wife back and tell her to open the clock...she says the only way to open this clock is with a hammer :)

So I email Josh once again..at this point he has not replied but it will be interesting to see what happens

I am dying to see the Alien Quartz Speech Clock and I hope my wife eventually gets her watch..

I want the clock..:)

If nothing else we have had a good laugh over the incident

Bill

So instead of the usual scenario, your wife gets to probe the Alien! That's awesome

hehe that's a good one I told her that and she liked it

Josh has replied & stated the watch is inside the clock and the clock has screws holding it together..I called my wife and had her take another look and she found the screws...the problem is she has no screwdriver and if she did I seriously doubt she could operate it...I will have to call the building maintenance man tomorrow and have him open the alien for her..:)

Interesting way to ship a rep..:) I have heard that German customs can be a tough nut to crack

Bill

Oh my, this happened to me on my second purchase years ago.

Imagine getting a package for a loved one, that you think contains a beautiful full gold lady Rolex datejust. "I think this package has something for you... wink wink" She opens it... and inside...

clock_001.jpg

:o

Oh god... the look in her eyes swelling up in tears... the shock in mine... we're both just baffled

I figured it out a few tense minutes later and found the watch inside after some prying; the turtle was unrecognizable after my endeavor.. it looked like one of those really bad car wrecks where you couldn't even guess the make of vehicle involved.

Joshua got a kick out of that story I remember..