When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this plan make sense?

teddy boy

I bought a basic black sub on ioffer a couple of years ago. I had bought a PAM029 from the guy and it was quite good cosmetically and my watchmaker said that it does have an eta movement. I bought the black sub from the same guy sight unseen because of my prior experience. I bought from him primarily because he took paypal. The watch was not good cosemetically (date too large in cyclops, m in 300 meter not aligned with m in submariner, bad cgs and very large crown). I didn't wear it very much; recently the insert in the bezel fell out. It was already scratched. The watch supposedly has a genuine swiss eta movement.

So here is what I have in mind and would appreciate input. I was thinking of buying the beginner sub from Josh with the 21j asian movement. You can buy it right now for $108 with no shipping. I figured I'd keep the asian movement in it so long as it lasts and then replace it with the 28.36 from the other side once the asian movement dies.

Does any of this make sense? Has anyone seen whether the basic sub would make a suitable replacement?

Thanks!

Sure... depending on the time that's elapsed since your purchase of the sub couldn't you just send it back to the dealer?

It's been way too long. However, the length of time probably increases the likelihood that it really is a swiss eta movement. The watch comes from a time when gen swiss movements were fairly common.