When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Big Pilot

poopypants

Hi guys,

Long time since I posted something, so sorry for being a bit slow. Looking to buy a pilot but cant figure out which is more accurate. Comparing the pics below, am I right to assume that the 5002 is more accurate than the 5004? Is the 5002 below version 1 or 2?

post-609-1233097360_thumb.jpg

post-609-1233097370_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Luc

I believe the 5002 V1 is more accurate due to the non functional PR. This means the PR subdial is correctly on the far right.

The 5004 is great as the black datewheel makes the fact that its sunken less obvious, unlike the 5002. Problem is the 'wrong hands' on the 5004.

I dont actually know what is wrong with the hands? Should they be silver like the 5002? (They appear to be black in the above 5004 pic).

• 1 month later...
Sh*t! The 5004 has incorrect hands? I've got one on its way :(

This is the last time I order a rep without lookin' at pics. My oh my, what was I thinking!

Eunomians, like you I ordered the 5004 before reading this thread. Have you received yours? Happy with it?

• 2 years later...

I agree with b16a2 who agrees with Jake who agrees with Delta who agrees with me only because delta got me the genuine lume shot that I sent along with my 5002 to the Great North to the Den of the Ziggmeister for a relume and should be coming home ... all in good time.. :)

And I also agree with DT on the strap issue to which here are some pics from a thread I posted after recieving the OEM spec strap from Aaron..

Aaron comes through in record time :D

I love the distressed OEM colour buffalo !!! it really makes the BP sing.. IMO anyway.. Please excuse the rush in pics (as is evident with the dust and DW).. but I had no time to set up lights etc. and had a small window for the natural lighting..

can you sell me one of those straps or where can i get one

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0fe7.jpg

Aaron built this with OEM specs for the deployment and lugs.. so needless to say the Rep is spot on as far as measurements, since I didn't give Aaron any measurements, for the lugs and deployment clasp.. I did however work out with Aaron the legnth since the OEM legnth was a bit to long for my wrist.. so if your wrist size is 7 to 7.5" ask Aaron for the same legnth as he made for Randy..I had used the straps for the 3717 previously so this was adjusted per the case size and my wrist size.. B)

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0jz2.jpg

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0ap0.jpg

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0tu6.jpg

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0oc9.jpg

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0bm3.jpg

Lower right is the other OEM specs strap.. regular buffalo..

bphkdistrressedbuffalo0vo4.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Is that enough concensus for ya Poopy ?? :D