When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality Concerns.....

Steve52

Hey all! I'm pretty new to this stuff and have fast become hooked! I read this site every night and at work. Addicting!

I want to take the plunge and buy a Breitling Legende from Andrew or Joshua, but keep reading about watches that don't work when they arrive or stop working soon after. Is this normal? How long should a rep keep working before they need serviced? I don't want to fork out $350 for someting that looks great but doesn't work.

What has been your experience?

Thanks for your help!

Steve52

Much of this has been answered in the past...and can be found in links in my Noob Guide (found in my signature). To make a long story short...Chinese reps are a bit of hit and miss sometimes. Overall though...they are incredible quality...but because of Quality Control issues you can get duds. That is why we have dealers that are generally recommended here on the forum...who stand by their products. Remember though, this is an illegal industry and "standing by" a product means they will fix any major issues for you, but you have to ship it back to China for it to happen. They will in turn ship you the item at their cost generally...sometimes they will ask for payment for this as well...I've never had to...but I've heard of others having to.

In general, many have done nothing to their A7750 movement watches and have had them lasting for 3 years or so with no problems. Others have had duds within a short period of time. I've had datewheels on Asian DG2813s slip that the collectors have fixed before I figured out how to do it myself. With the chronos and the A7750 movement, read the Noob Guide, and you'll find that a PROPERLY serviced rep (there are many IMPROPERLY serviced chrono movements) will last as long as a gen...but servicing is as expensive as servicing gens as the movements, even though they are asian copies, are just as complicated as their gen counterparts.

The recommendation, albeit expensive, is service them properly (at $200+ a shot) within 9 months BEFORE wear damage can happen, and the movement should be able to run as long as a gen. This means the next servicing is done in ~5 year increments.

I have watches I want to keep...and I spend the money to service them. The others...I'll let die and buy a new one or new movement when the time comes.

Welcome aboard and good luck. The Legende is a beautiful rep...fantastic!

WOW! thanks for your fast reply! I've read a lot of your posts on this site and sure appreciate all you do. I never knew this stuff existed. I LOVE watches but have not purchased much because of the gen costs. this is a great option to get great looking watches at reasonable cost. I don't mind getting the rep serviced if I like it, and everything I've read about the new Legende it is a great rep. Your advice and explanations are awesome!

Much of this has been answered in the past...and can be found in links in my Noob Guide (found in my signature). To make a long story short...Chinese reps are a bit of hit and miss sometimes. Overall though...they are incredible quality...but because of Quality Control issues you can get duds. That is why we have dealers that are generally recommended here on the forum...who stand by their products. Remember though, this is an illegal industry and "standing by" a product means they will fix any major issues for you, but you have to ship it back to China for it to happen. They will in turn ship you the item at their cost generally...sometimes they will ask for payment for this as well...I've never had to...but I've heard of others having to.

In general, many have done nothing to their A7750 movement watches and have had them lasting for 3 years or so with no problems. Others have had duds within a short period of time. I've had datewheels on Asian DG2813s slip that the collectors have fixed before I figured out how to do it myself. With the chronos and the A7750 movement, read the Noob Guide, and you'll find that a PROPERLY serviced rep (there are many IMPROPERLY serviced chrono movements) will last as long as a gen...but servicing is as expensive as servicing gens as the movements, even though they are asian copies, are just as complicated as their gen counterparts.

The recommendation, albeit expensive, is service them properly (at $200+ a shot) within 9 months BEFORE wear damage can happen, and the movement should be able to run as long as a gen. This means the next servicing is done in ~5 year increments.

I have watches I want to keep...and I spend the money to service them. The others...I'll let die and buy a new one or new movement when the time comes.

Welcome aboard and good luck. The Legende is a beautiful rep...fantastic!