When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep dealer on the tube

Oyster

Was navigating the web a while ago and thought I'd do a search on Pams on the tube. There are a handful, below are 2 I found most interesting.

Spoilers:

Ah, the classic sapphire test, don't you love that B)

Plus not forgetting the background music :D

There's also another video that might be of interest, a 111H rep review.

There's also another video that might be of interest, a 111H rep review.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

Edited by turbox7

That guy from Breitlingsource makes me ill. If ADD really existed he's got it. And he bangs the watches arounds like an idiot. I can never make it through one of his videos. I wouldn't get bummed out over it. You won't get called out on it. Hell he is a reviewer and wasn't even sure if it was an H or not. :rolleyes:

The ones that have somone slinging a watch around with the weird music are useless from what I can see.

There is one dealer who does reviews online. Some Asian girl. It's hilarious but she tries really hard. :p

Hi Turbo,

It is rather intriguing to learn what other people thought of reps especially someone who are pro genuine isn't it? In any point, I'm very certain that every video or even a post has a point of their own to convey. That dude who did the review obviously is there to bring down reps as best as he can but it looks like he's quite uncertain in many ways. Maybe he's in awe with the quality and that it only cost that little. Like FM mentioned, he couldn't even tell whether its a H series or not. Better still from my observation, he can't even tell apart between a BRACELET and a STRAP :) Pun intended. I'm not here to make war :)

A rep is a rep and not the real deal, it is design to have flaws. That's the rep game or industry :) That's where the franken comes in to fill the void but they are costly to build. Turbo, you got a beautiful watch and if you were to compare, the nightmares never ends :) Enjoy your watch, like everyone says, they are as good as they gets and the beaut of it is, it only cost just a small fraction from the real deal.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks for sharing Oyster - I found the PAM 111 review very insightful.

I have a question - is anyone put off by this video review? I just recently purchased my first rep (a PAM 111) and have been wearing my watch everyday. I am enamored with Panerai's distinctive style and was very satisfied with my rep.

After watching this video review, my feelings for my rep did a 180. My rep had all the flaws pointed out in the video. I thought the blue tint AR was by design! Basically, the watch in the video might as well have been mine! (it looks exactly like it too) Do most PAM 111 reps exhibit these flaws?

As a noob, I definitely learned a few things here, though I'm not sure if my excitement for my PAM could be restored.

I share your opinion FM B) BTW, can you point me to the other reviewer? :D

That guy from Breitlingsource makes me ill. If ADD really existed he's got it. And he bangs the watches arounds like an idiot. I can never make it through one of his videos. I wouldn't get bummed out over it. You won't get called out on it. Hell he is a reviewer and wasn't even sure if it was an H or not. :rolleyes:

The ones that have somone slinging a watch around with the weird music are useless from what I can see.

There is one dealer who does reviews online. Some Asian girl. It's hilarious but she tries really hard. :p

don't worry about it. I was in the same boat as you after seeing his video a few days ago and I felt down about my rep 111. I wore mine out on the town the past few nights and everyday to work and got nothing but a few compliments about my watch.

In fact, one of my co-workers collects watches and he was shocked when I asked about his PAM when I saw it. He said I was the only person at work who had ever recognized the brand of watch and was excited about it. Sadly, he will never let me get a close look at it, which leads me to believe it is a rep. I never claimed my 111 was a rep or gen just to see what he thought of it and he thinks it is a gen, so I am curious to see if he knows how to tell the difference.

In the end, just enjoy your rep because it is a beautiful looking timepiece and 99% of people can't tell it is a rep...and don't really care either.

Edited by son_of_dad