When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch to get?

Guest HaloArchive

Guest HaloArchive

Hello All,

Im starting off my collection again since in 2005 I sold off everything I had. I am finally starting off my collection and recieved a PAM 111H. But, there is a delimma :o . Which watch should I get next? I am not making a poll because I want to hear reasons behing peoples answers, not just a click. B)

So, the candidates are:

IWC BP 5002

Breitling Chronomat Evolution

Omega UPO

Rolex -- Well, I have no clue. If you'd like to recommend one over the latter, please do / why.

Thanks,

H ^_^

I think you should ask yourself what you want your collection to be comprised of. If you want a brand based collection...you could get best of breed from the brands. If you want a broad selection of sport divers...do that. If you want to cover "wardrobe/lifestyle" bases...go for a daily beater, sport, dress, casual, funky...etc.

The BCE is a beautiful watch...but if you can wear it, the Montbrillant Legende at 47mm does not wear as big as it seems (compared with the Skyland) and I think by picture accounts (not having seen the latter in person other than gen) is a better rep...that would cover the "bling" sporty/dress base.

Everyone here seems to go ga-ga over the BP 5002...but I've actually found the 3717-05 more striking with its more dressed up dial (the Spitfire).

The UPO is an excellent rep and one most people like here as a daily beater type piece...but I've always been drawn to the SMP Chrono more in the Omega line. The Speedy Dates are also excellent reps and very accurate.

Rolex...tough call. I just picked up a SSD v2 and love it. I like it more than my Noobmariner because it's more substantial feeling...but in the big size, the Deep Sea is an awesome looking rep.

Good luck!!

Which watch should I get next? I am not making a poll because I want to hear reasons behing peoples answers, not just a click. B)

NO offense intended here, but how about you do your own research, find out which watch appeals to you and then convince yourself to get it. I mean you want other people to do your reasoning for you and you won't tolerate any shortcuts (i.e. clicking on a poll). Seems kind of hypocritical, no?

Guest HaloArchive

Thanks Toad! +Rep. (Boy, I think we need a REP system here)

I want my collection not to be of any certain style or type. But, I want it as a collection of ONE piece from each brand that "talks" and looks nice/is a good rep.

-H

I want my collection not to be of any certain style or type. But, I want it as a collection of ONE piece from each brand that "talks" and looks nice/is a good rep.

Tough call...pop into an AD if you get a chance and browse around at what makes you go WOW. There are usually a few outstanding pieces in each of the main brands...out of the box, my simple top pics are

Omega - UPO, SMP Chrono, Speedy dates...I like the "Lemania" Speedy's even though the subdial spacing is inaccurate

IWC - 3717 series, BP 5002, Ingy's, Aquatimer series (all are great I think...but the 2006 CD is a real fave)

Rolex - SSD, DSSD, DJs, GMT IIc, I like the green Milgauss too

Breitling - Legende, Skyland, Super Avenger, BCE, 6.75, SOSF...lots of great ones

Tags - Carrera, Aquaracer

Man...too many to list. You have to look at the brand guides and see what tickles your fancy.