When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sitting here dreaming of this Richard Mille...

Guest Sql_pl

What a wonderful watch... and I actually strt to believe it could be possible for rep makers to replicate it - the movement is already here - the sec at 3 asian 7750 with big date - like the one we get in bentley reps for example....

dbb7dd3e.jpg

Or this limited edition:

richardmille_image.846971.jpg

richardmille_image.846976.jpg

Now that we know they can handle the dial and some typical RM features when they released this basic rep:

DSC06369.jpg

Of this gen:

richardmille_image.862226.jpg

I start to believe it might be doable, even though I always doubted that.

I mean they wouldn't have to reproduce the movement looks in 100% just a nice black skeleton with some gears visible would do.

To be honest I'd pay a lot for this watch! Wouldn't you?

IMO they can make some fake skeletonized dial like the hont one... looking to rm011 closer, its all about the possibilities of make one layered dial imitating the gen... for sure, miles away from the gen of course, but looking similar anyway. Give the fact 99% just can't spot if a sub is gen or not (if do, way always ppl ask?) and the fact almost nobody knows what is RM, it will be a interesting homage rep. Next week I will visit some malls here at Sao Paulo because I believe this RM 005 Felipe Massa will be avaliable there, because the price and because Felipe Massa is a brazilian driver so potentially it will sell here...

Well just like strattakan said - to make a good/acceptable basic RM rep all they'd have to do would be to replicate the center plate - even as dummy with non working gears:

richardmille_image.867066.jpg

richardmille_image.867136.jpg

I know it is not easy but it does not seem impossible either.

What a wonderful watch... and I actually strt to believe it could be possible for rep makers to replicate it - the movement is already here - the sec at 3 asian 7750 with big date - like the one we get in bentley reps for example....

... apart from it's a fly-back and there are two hands at 6. Oh, and don't forget the window between 4 and 5.

... apart from it's a fly-back and there are two hands at 6. Oh, and don't forget the window between 4 and 5.

Well, will be all fantasy... even the gears in the dial... Of course, have to consider 300USD (medium price of any 7750 rep today) a sensible amount of money for a fantasy gears/complication...