When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stroke of Luck - Final Touch on the 23T

Watchmeister

Got lucky a few months ago and came upon a NOS bezel. Now the 23T is complete. :) Much thanks to the folks who were so helpful on this project. You know who you are. ;) Here it is with an appropriate A series rubberized carbon fiber strap. Final specs: Gen Dial, Hands, Crystal, Bezel and Crown; Jimmy Case (with custom case tube)and CG; and Honpo movement and case back.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

And the obligatory wrist shot: :rolleyes:

DSC_0018.jpg

Guest HaloArchive
Got lucky a few months ago and came upon a NOS bezel. Now the 23T is complete. :) Much thanks to the folks who were so helpful on this project. You know who you are. ;) Here it is with an appropriate A series rubberized carbon fiber strap. Final specs: Gen Dial, Hands, Crystal, Bezel and Crown; Jimmy Case (with custom case tube)and CG; and Honpo movement and case back.

DSC_0013.jpg

Is it me or, is the GMT hand supposed to extend past the marker?

H

Guest HaloArchive
Wow, W!

As to the previous poster, it is NOT supposed to extend past. You're just so used to seeing the incorrect rep hands. W has the most spot on 23 I've seen short of, well, a 23!

I agree. It is a lovely 23. But, I noticed his GMT hand extends past the marker. Sort of strange considering that the Hands and Dial are Gen.

H

Edit:

Red is the marker, Orange is the end of the hand.

dsc0013zz4.jpg

Edited by HaloArchive

Guest HaloArchive

See, now from risti, the GMT hand touches the end of the white marker and is the same length. Yours seems to extend a little. :g:

None-the-less you have an amazing watch and, besides that GMT hand, its perfect :thumbs:

Don't know what to tell you. I have at least one more set of t hands and a couple of L sets I can compare as well. I was aware that the L hands were different from the t and came in two variations (63 vs 23/29) but had never heard of variation on t hands. The only other thing I can think of is that the dial was NOS and perhaps the service dials changed the layouts slightly. I know the hands came directly from an existing 23.:)

Guest HaloArchive

Yeah, I hear ya on the NOS things. I think there may be variation on the hands though. Look up the NOS hands and see if they fit?

:) Just a suggestion. I could only tell at a second glance but, from far away, you can barely tell :thumbs:

H

P.S. Please Critique my thread of noob photos of my 111H :)

Edited by HaloArchive

Great one K, very well executed. PAM023 dials are so rare I'm really perplexed how did you actually managed to score one - awesome!

@HA...as for the hands, it's just an optical illision, they're just fine and same as on T-dial 29. L-dial 29 introduced slightly longer L-hands because the dial markers got pushed more towards the bezel.

K, is it me or are the 12 & 24 bezel engravings slightly off? Must be an optical illusion as well, surely.

Wear it well! :)

babola

Babola-

T dials are hard to come by and you take them when you can get them. :) On the bezel it is not that the engravings are off as it is a gen bezel. BUt you have to decide where you want line up the bezel and dial markers. More importantly, you want to ensure that the GMT hand is positioned correctly vis a vis the bezel markers. ;)

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I hear ya on the NOS things. I think there may be variation on the hands though. Look up the NOS hands and see if they fit?

:) Just a suggestion. I could only tell at a second glance but, from far away, you can barely tell :thumbs:

Gen T hands. Gen T dial. Gen bezel, Gen crown. Gen CG. Gen Crystal. Jimmy case. Same movement as gen. Correctly BBed and OPed, random SN# caseback. Gen strap and buckle.....I'm thinking that Kruzer could probably take that watch anywhere with absolute impunity.