When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Source for 6497 bevelled ratchet / crown wheels?

rmcsherry

I have looked for them as well without any success Ross. Maybe Cousins would order them if there was a demand. After all, they didn't previously stock the higher cannon pinions until 'we' started ordering them. These ETA wheels should be wanted by everyone who has a Swiss ETA PAM036 etc. It really would be the finishing touch.

The ETA technical documents for the 6497/8-2 movements show them as bevelled gears but give them the same part number as the -1 version.

Theoretically anyone with an ETA customer account should be able to order them as spares, but ETA tend to be very protective about all of the Mecaline Sp

Just compared the 415 & 420 wheels from a std 6497 (Cousins list these as UT 285 415 & UT 285 420) with the beveled wheels from a Soprod 6497-2.

The decorated wheel is just that, a modified version of the standard wheel, so putting a bevel and polish on existing wheels is possibly the simplest way.

As the basic wheels are

I butchered a 6498 to get mine ...not the way to go on price

I also manged (once) to modify the hole on an cheap asian gear to fit a Swiss - not pretty as I only used a swiss file

Is it worth swapping out the whole winding gear/ barrel from a good Asian 6497 copy ?

I wish some CN manufacturer would make OPII engraved bridges instead of those foil plates as well

FGD