When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111 Exhibition caseback question.

JuniorNA

Hey guys, I've searched on this and it seems this is very popular watch, lol. I love it, and I really want to enjoy this watch, but only have one qualm/issue.

Is the exhibition back the exact as a gen? I noticed on some PAM111 it says panerai throughout the entire casing in the back, and actually looks very cook, sleek, but this specific one i'm looking at does not have the panerai stamp all over the gears, and boxes. I'm wondering if an actual GEN exists with this type of style, or if this is a fantasy piece. I know this is the most common rep'd watch, but i'm just getting into the PAN world after enjoying my B-ling rep collection. So just trying to learn some tips and tricks to how many GEN versions of the PAM111 are actually out there, and if this one in the picture was ever really made .

post-18307-1231869185_thumb.jpg

Guest HaloArchive
Hey guys, I've searched on this and it seems this is very popular watch, lol. I love it, and I really want to enjoy this watch, but only have one qualm/issue.

Is the exhibition back the exact as a gen? I noticed on some PAM111 it says panerai throughout the entire casing in the back, and actually looks very cook, sleek, but this specific one i'm looking at does not have the panerai stamp all over the gears, and boxes. I'm wondering if an actual GEN exists with this type of style, or if this is a fantasy piece. I know this is the most common rep'd watch, but i'm just getting into the PAN world after enjoying my B-ling rep collection. So just trying to learn some tips and tricks to how many GEN versions of the PAM111 are actually out there, and if this one in the picture was ever really made .

Yop,

This is a 111H.

If you want a PAM with all of the "panerai" text on the back, look at a 111G or similar.

Cheers,

H

Prior to the E series all 44mm handwind models had closed or solid casebacks and unaltered, but decorated ETA 6497 movements. Then the E, F & G series had display backs and the same shaped bridges as the one shown above, but with the PANERAIPANERAI engraving. The decoration changed to CdG stripes (as shown) for the H and subsequent series. Hope this helps.

That isn't power reserve, it's for atjusting the watch.

OH i see. So is there a surefire way to tell when my watch is losing its power and needs to be wound? Or am i just goin to go with the standard of winding it 30-40 times every 48 hours? Also, is there a way to OVERWIND a hand-wind watch? Should i be careful of anything when receiving it? Shuld i only be winding it a certain amount of times? Will the Asian Unitus truly last 56 hours like the swiss standards, or are we talking 24-48 hours of power reserve?