When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need help with pam 253!

bdavis02

Hi all, new to the forum here. I just purchased the pam 253 about 2 weeks ago. the watch was running fine, it had stopped a few times when I had not worn it for a couple days. Last night, I picked it up, and while i was setting the time i noticed that the minute hand felt like it was slipping. i am a total noob, and really dont know much, so I cant really explain in technical terms. It felt as if while i was turning the crown, it would bind, the jump, the spin a bit llose, then be back to normal, and then the same cycle over again. Is this bad? is it normal? any and all help and insight would be greatly appreciate it. And please go easy on moe this is my first rep. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what you mean when you say it would "bind the jump"... what does this mean? Are you making sure the crown is pulled all the way out when you set the time. Wind the watch by shaking it for a couple of minutes BEFORE you set the time.. see if this makes a difference in how it feels...

Was I easy enough on you? ?? Next time, do some research and use the search button... also be VERY sure to explain what you mean very clearly. word like "binding the jump" don't help me to understand your problem at all!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what you mean when you say it would "bind the jump"... what does this mean? Are you making sure the crown is pulled all the way out when you set the time. Wind the watch by shaking it for a couple of minutes BEFORE you set the time.. see if this makes a difference in how it feels...

Was I easy enough on you? ?? Next time, do some research and use the search button... also be VERY sure to explain what you mean very clearly. word like "binding the jump" don't help me to understand your problem at all!

What I meant is that the hands would bind, then jump. A simple typo caused the confusion. Thanks, I appreciate your help. As a side note, I did use the search function, but did not find adequate help. Thanks again