When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

0.22 tube center chrono sec hand in Daytona 16520 design?

Guest Sql_pl

EDIT: Please see my last post in this thread.

After PMs with The Zigmeister I think what would be best for my 16520 is a center sec hand made to fit 7750 movement.

Is there anyone here who could point me in the right direction to find such hand? Or set of hands.

There is one ebay seller but he only has them in red.

I tried cousins uk with no luck.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

I have sucsessfully removed red paint from seconds hands before using a little acetone (fingernail polish remover) on a lint free cloth. Gently wipe the seconds hand and that red paint should come right off leaving bright silver behind. I presume that the seconds hands you speak of on Ebay are red paint over a standard silver hand, so this should work for you. If you find that you can only get the red seconds hand, give this a try.

Good luck B)

Thanks.

Just checked and they do not have exact design that I need listed - the Daytona hand has triangle tip on one side and round, maybe egg-shaped tip on the other....

It is a shame they do not accept parts questions by email, I am afraid it might be hard for me to explain what I exactly want over the phone with no picture....

Maybe we have a US-based member here who would be able to help me and call them at 510.832.0355 EXT. 2 in my name?

I need main chrono seconds hand with 0.22 tube (The Zigmeister said 0.25 may be acceptable too but 0.22 would be perfect fit), made for dial of 3 cm in diameter. Total hand legth is around 18 mm.

And this shape is important...

black-16520-R.jpg

D2x1138.jpg

zanepatrizzi.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Called ofrei.

Well they ask to call them if th eitem is not listed.

When I called them a nice lady on th eother side just browsed their website with me on the phone and came to conclusion they do not have such hand on their website so she cannot help.

There is a way to custom order hands from them in amount of 50-100 hands - I start to think if I don't find it anywhere else I will just custom order a set of 50.

Maybe other franken builders would be interested too?

The downside is it would probably take ages to get these hands....

Ofrei does not sell the hands you need. I would follow Southcoast's advice & simply buy the red hands & strip the paint. But instead of acetone & rubbing, I always use spray paint remover that I get from my local paint or auto parts store. No rubbing required. Spray the remover onto the hand, let it sit for 20 minutes (or whatever the can recommends) & then rinse it off. Just to be sure I get all of the remover off, I do a final rinse with denatured alcohol (or mineral spirits, which you can get from any paint store).

Ok I think I will try that if I fail to get it in silver.

Our member Martyd3 offered me his val 72 swee sec hand - Freddy I think you should know - what's the length of a 6263 sweep hand? Much shorer than 16520 18 mm?

I wonder if I can go with 6263 hand.