When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone bought any Rep Pens ?

Doddsy

Replica pens in general look nothing like the real thing. Nor do they write like the real thing (unless you are looking for other than fountain pens and are using gen refills, but even then the "feel" and weight will be vastly different). As others have said, if you want to have a pen to actually use for its intended purpose, get the genuine article. If you like fountain pens, I've found that the best and most reliable modern fountain pens are those made by Lamy (especially the Lamy 2000, which you can find discounted for around $100 if you know where to look), certain of the Pelikan line, Aurora, and many of the Japanese pens like Pilot/Namiki, Sailor and Danitrio. A great Japanese pen is the Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point fountain pen, which works like a ballpoint, with a "click to open" mechanism you can use with on hand, and no cap to worry about. All of these pens can be found at huge discounts off of retail at various on-line places. I would never buy them at a COlorado Pen store at the mall.

I still think the best writing fountain pens are properly restored vintage pens, like the famous Parker 51. Common models of the Parker 51 can be found on eBay and elsewhere for well under $100, they have 14K gold nibs, and they are built like tanks.

I just received my MB fountain pen from Narikaa today. I don't have any issues with the white star. I have a gen. MB rollerball and the star size is the same, centred and shaped correctly. Some tells I can notice, but this is coming from a gen owner of two MB pens, a Rollerball and a former owner of a LeGrande pen.