When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi

ldz

Hi All,

so I needed to buy watch and started surfing the web. I didn't know what I want, but a friend of mine recently bought an IWC that I thought it looked pretty neat. I looked up IWC and was surprised by the expensive of such watches. Looking for a bargain, I surfed more and I stumbled upon this great site with its treasure trove of information. I started reading and couldn't stop. There is so much information to absorb that I think my growing watch interest may take up more of my time than what I can budget.

Anyway, I hope someone could answer my following questions: After acquiring a replica watch, should I send it off to get "serviced" by one of the providers on this forum? If so, what are the benefits and approximately how much will this cost me?

-ldz

Welcome to the board mate.

As for getting your reps serviced....it's a good idea. However, 9 times of out 10...a new rep will probably run good for a few months to over a year before it requires any servicing. Having said that....if you get the watch serviced on day one (not something that most members here do)..........you are definitely ensuring that your watch runs for a long time.

You can get the watch serviced by any of our resident experts or a your local rep-friendly watchsmith. As for the cost.....shouldn't cost too much....but depends on the movement and the level of servicing required (e.g. do you want waterproofing done, main spring replaced, gaskets replaced etc.)

Hope this helps.

Hey Idz, welcome to RWG. I just orderd a Omega po chrono(quartz) I know I know It's my first rep what can I tell ya. I was thinking about having my local AD taking a look at it. Although; the watch has never been worn before it could have been sitting around a long time. Im a big suporter of preventative maintance. I treat my cars the same way. Why wait for something to go wrong? IMHO. Welcome and good luck :) Mike