When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

does this BCE exist as a gen?

ronny25

afaik it does. But I'm not sure either. The graphite should have automatic in red. There is a grey version with black subs and automaic in white, this could be it. But again, I'm not sure about the colour.

Greetz.

the grey with black subs is this one:

http://www.nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=124

They call it slate grey and it exists as a gen. But it' s definately not the same as the one in my link.

As Yodap has said, if this the grey version then it has darker subdials and the 'automatic' in white, so this replica is accurate (if it's the graphite version it's meant to have automatic in red). It's often very hard to tell the colours from dealers websites.

Just had a quick look on his website, the one you have posted is accurate, here is the graphite version that we're referring to;

BRE-CE-UE-SS-GRA-01.JPG

And the grey version with darker subdials and white writing

BRE-CE-UE-SS-GRE-01.JPG

b16a2,

the second one you posted doesn' t exist in Breitling catalog. So how do you know it is accurate? Is it some special edition or something?

then it hasn' t been repped correctly at all. I have one under my eyes, and you can barely notice any difference between dial and subs' colour. There is one correctly repped version sold by nicerepl*ca.com, the one posted in my link above. You can clearly see difference between dial and subs' colour.

but this all grey version with automatic in white seems to be a fantasy rep: there' s no difference between dial and subs colour, only under very strong lighting and certain angles will you notice a very slight difference. Not sure why they did it as they generally know better.

then it hasn' t been repped correctly at all. I have one under my eyes, and you can barely notice any difference between dial and subs' colour. There is one correctly repped version sold by nicerepl*ca.com, the one posted in my link above. You can clearly see difference between dial and subs' colour.

but this all grey version with automatic in white seems to be a fantasy rep: there' s no difference between dial and subs colour, only under very strong lighting and certain angles will you notice a very slight difference. Not sure why they did it as they generally know better.

Do you have the watch with you, or are you assuming it is only obvious under certain lighting conditions? I only ask because in the picture above (puretime) you can see a slight difference, but the dealers photo's usually always portray a watch differently to normal pictures and when it's on the wrist. If you do have one could you post some pics?

It doesn't make it a fantasy rep per se because its very close apart from the subdials being slightly too light in colour.

Do you have the watch with you, or are you assuming it is only obvious under certain lighting conditions? I only ask because in the picture above (puretime) you can see a slight difference, but the dealers photo's usually always portray a watch differently to normal pictures and when it's on the wrist. If you do have one could you post some pics?

It doesn't make it a fantasy rep per se because its very close apart from the subdials being slightly too light in colour.

I saw the gen one in a shop, got it in my hands and played with the light to check how dial changes colours, and I have a rep here.

There' s a serious difference: when looking straight at the rep, you can' t really notice a difference in colours. You need powerful lighting and to look from the side to notice a difference

The gen dial is a lot lighter than the rep, and contrast is a lot more powerful with the subs, you can always see a difference.

But this is not something new: a lot of dials are way off. The Monbrillant' s white dial colour is also completely inacurate, and the BCE TT dials are also way off, the gold subs are never the right colour and you can easily spot it ' s a fake, even from 5 feet away.

• 2 weeks later...