When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 212 1950 Flyback OR Breitling Chronomat Evolution

oirish

Hi all. Im new to this. Ive been skulking around in here for about 3 or 4 days now and Im in awe of it all. My watch of the minute has changed every minute and the more I read, the more I want to read. I'm hooked.

I've decided on these two watches, the PAM 212 and the Breitling Evo. I found info on Breitlings here already, however I cant find the same amount of detailed info on Panerai. I mean as in what to look out for with regards to rep/gen comparisons. Are PAM reps easily spotted?

The PAM has a 7750 Valjoux 28800 movement and from what I read here it is pretty good. The EVO is looking good too. Its got a 7750 Auto 28800 movement. Im going with the blue face because the white face is supposed to be slightly off colour on reps.

Or am I off in the wrong direction altogether. Id like to wear these two and thats the reason for my choices. I believe its the best reason of all. But are there watches of similiar style and design with better renowned rep quality that Ive overlooked?

Any input appreciated...

I own a ziggified PAM 212 and it's the watch of the hour at my house. It is truly beautiful. It is the only watch that will have the vintage 1950s structure that PAM enthusiasts like in addition to the contemporary dial display. It's the best merger of the two, if you're interested in that. The evo is great too, not doubt about it, either one is a solid choice.

Thanks guys. I love them both. Ive just ordered the Breitling from Joshua. Its a good all rounder. I'll leave the PAM 212 for my next fix. There's something special about PAMs. We always had the National Geographic in our house growing up and Panerai was alwas there, almost jumping off the page. A Ziggified rep of any description is a rare one these days. Good buy.

Im looking into a patek phillipe moonphase too. PT has a nice one on his site.